MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Aplastic Anemia

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Aplastic Anemia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Janice Sheppard
    Participant

I went to Dana Farber yesterday. the issue seems to be whether i have a chronic aplastic anemia or a hypoplastic myelodysplastic syndrome. they said that my results thus far predominantly point to aplastic anemia, which was NEVER mentioned by my other hematologist. i have cancelled my followup appointment with him and will continue to be followed at dana farber.

so, this validates my belief that the problem is an autoimmune issue. which kind of explains my recent diagnosis of eczema. i’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same thing. i have developed itching EVERYWHERE. i just feel all of my skin and i want to scratch and scratch. my scalp itches, my legs, my belly, my arms. i am miserable. wish it was happening yesterday when i was at DF so i could have asked them. it’s saturday, so i just have to suck it up til monday. i am seeing a dermatologist who recently treated my face and my scalp with topical steroids, but i wasn’t as generally uncomfortable then as i am today. maybe it’s an allergy, i need to have testing. but if i’m not allergic to anything, is there a disease process reason why this might be happening?

Chris Ballmer
    Participant

Hi Janice: this is probably not the final solution to your itching, but when I cut out sugar and a high carbohydrate diet (bread, pasta, etc) I found that my itching goes way way down… everytime I have cake, pie, cookies or icecream or anything processed, I itch real bad. Maybe try it. Hope it helps. I’ve got MDS too and have fatigue and low blood across the board…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert