MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

ashwagandha?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board ashwagandha?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SimonChai

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience taking Ashwagandha, the Indian tonic. Thanks!

patti

Hi Simon,

I was taking ashwagandha for my pituitary gland and adrenal glands for about 6 months. I don’t know if there were any internal changes in those glands (they thought I might have a pituitary tumor and I didn’t want surgery) but I did feel better. I was struggling with having no energy at all and severe hormonal imbalances (because the pituitary controls all hormones)and I did have a noticeable difference in energy (I wasn’t running marathons but much better then without it) and did feel more emotionally level.

Not sure how it would help with this disease (MDS)but I’d say do the research and if it bares out some good information give it a try. There’s really nothing in ashwadgandha that would be contraindicated.

BTW, we have many friends from India (the hi-tech world) and they checked with several doctors in India about MDS for my MIL. Interesting enough, the doctors were well aware of MDS and said the only “cure” they have is revlimid. Not sure how they get it in India but I do know it’s limited to the wealthy few from what our friend said. What I found interesting was that they really didn’t have a “natural” thing that would help MDS. Since we are doing natural stuff we were looking for some help from our Indian friends.

That’s probably more then you wanted to know but I thought it was worth sharing.

Best wishes,

Patti

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert