MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Blood donations an Essential Service

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Blood donations an Essential Service

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kathy Stermer
    Participant

I spent my Easter Sunday at the infusion center as I’m a “transfusion dependent” MDS person. Due to the fact that blood drives have been cancelled during this pandemic and blood supplies have dwindled, there is a severe shortage. Know that blood donation centers are open and set up according to social distancing practices to safety donate for those who are able. I was only able to get one unit despite the fact my hemoglobin indicated two. Please, please let those you know able to do so and are looking to do something meaningful that donations are desperately needed for those battling this disease and many others. Thank you.

Mer Stpierre
    Participant

Kathy, sorry to hear that you spent your holiday in hosp. I have been on Vidaza for 4 rounds but numbers are tanking and I can’t have another round. I have been transfusion free for 3 months and I was worried about having to go back to having transfusions, especially now. I have asked all of my friends to donate but they are elderly and afraid. I hope they make it easier for the donation process and more information on where drives are being held. My best to you.
    Mer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert