MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

blood ratios and symptoms

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board blood ratios and symptoms

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim thomson
    Participant

I have had 7 rounds of vidaza and my blood ratios are at normal range (for now)–but my symptoms are still bad – from fatigue-breathing -foot problems and few others. So my question -will my symptoms improve at all – how long will we be on watch and wait -I get cbc test every 2 weeks.

thanks

Jimmy Greenhut
    Participant

Hi Jim, How can you be on watch & wait while getting Vidaza? Apparently your HB was getting low? Seems odd that they say that. Maybe low risk? What verison of MDS do you have. It’s 4yrs since I found out I have RS-T. I was off watch & wait 6mos later when my EPO shots didn’t work and my HB kept sliding. I was every 6-8 wks for a transfusion then. Are you transfusion dependent? From my team MDS makes you fatigued & breathing issues too, that’s the disease. I’m low risk & tried all the drugs out there, giving them 6mos to respond. They haven’t work, now 2 pints every 10-14 days. Just started a clinical trial. My last resort. I’m hoping it’s going to work only 42% efficacy. Will see, should know in 5mos if it extends the time frame for transfusions. Big Pharma has nothing else in the pipeline. GL Jim

Jimmy

mk thompson
    Participant

Good luck on the trial.

Jim thomson
    Participant

with my cbc test -blood ratios were mostly in normal range, the Doctor – now has me on once a month cbc test to monitor my ratios -and no more vidaza for now…

I only wish my symptoms would improve as my blood ratios….

Jimmy Greenhut
    Participant

Jim, that’s the disease aspect regardless of your CBC #’s. All in all, that’s great news for you. Hang in there Jim, you have to adjust some of your lifestyles. Will keep you abreast of my clinical trial.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert