MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

BMT failure

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board BMT failure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mamakayz

Hello All.

Since my last posting for Nadine before mothers day, things were looking pretty good. Rashes and side effects started to go away, and counts continued to climb. The doctors, however, didn’t like the rate that the counts were going up, so around day +27 they ordered a bone marrow biopsy.
    They informed her that the preliminary results showed some promising RBC growth and discharge from the hospital was imminent! Unfortunately the final results showed something entirely different, that there was no sign of her donor’s marrow, any cell growth was from her own supply.

So they have decided that due to the BMT failure, they would immediately start her on growth factor injections and have talked about trying some other new drugs.

It’s sure been a long, bumpy road to get to this point, and we’re pretty upset…but we remain optimistic and hopeful that somehow we can get her somewhat healthy again and return to some kind of quality of life for as long as possible.

Carrie

I am so sorry to hear the news. I was really hoping for it to work!

Nadine is in my prayers. I hope that the growth factors and other drugs will work for her.

Carrie

Terri

I too am sorry to hear this sad news and will continue to keep Nadine in my prayers

Marsha

Count me in on the prayers too, I too am sorry about the BMT failure. Must be very hard for all of you.

God bless, Marsha

gemloyear

I’m so sorry to hear that the BMT failed. I pray that the growth factors treatment takes hold and she will be restored to good health.
    Ellie

shirlsgirl

So sorry that Nadine’s BMT failed. Hope that the growth factor injections work. You guys have been through so much!! Hang in there.

Take care,

Jody

mommachkate

I am so terrible sorry for Nadine failed BMT. Please don,t give up hope. My thoughts are with you. Best wishes Kate

geebeebee

Very sorry to hear the news. We’ll all be rooting for better days ahead.

Greg

Suzanne

That has to be discouraging news after all this time. Tell Nadine that she is on my mind and that I am hoping that it works out that she can feel better and have some good quality time with her family. We will hope for the best!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert