MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Bruising

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pat Mathews
    Participant

Has anyone have an issue of bruising? The left side of de of my stomach is very dark black and blue. I was wondering could this be a sign of internal bleeding or maybe liver damage. So confused and worried. My numbers are good, I’m not on meds YET.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Pat, People with low platelet counts may have bleeding and spontaneous bruising. I would let your treating hematologist know of your symptoms.

mk thompson
    Participant

Blood thinners cause a lot of my bruising, but it is annoying. My Dermatologist recommended Arnicare to sooth the bruises. However talk to your hemoc doc to get his or her opinion. Good luck, I can rarely get through to my hemoc doc because of the size of the clinic. It is 2 docs and 2 RNs and 8 receptionists.

Mary Roth
    Participant

My platelets are low and my skin looks like an over-ripe banana! Sometimes I know I’ve bumped against something and sometimes I never know what caused the bruises. I suspect straps from heavy purse even bruised my forearm and maybe resting my elbow on the table!! Sometimes petechia appear for no reason.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert