MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Bruisng

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pat Mathews
    Participant

I have developed bruises on my arms. Is that a symptom of MDS or is it normal for 78yrs old?

Jean Ira
    Participant

My husband has low RBC and WBC, but platelets were extremely low. He does not bruise easily now that his platelets
    are higher. Previous bruising was caused by even a slight bump, but also showed up often on his arms caused by the pressure of carrying even very light weight objects.

lisab
    Participant

I’m a mds 5q patient for 3 years. I used to bruise very easily but with my hemoglobin up in normal range I don’t seem to. I used to work a physical job which was also a factor. I would bump up against something and be black and blue. Didn’t have to hit it hard either.

Bonnie Shaffer
    Participant

I used to have a lot of bruises. And they would last a long time. It was one of the symptoms that lead to my MDS diagnosis.

I actually had a hematoma the size of a quarter in my bicep and a huge bruise from winding a ball of yarn! I’m 61.

My Hematologist said these things are going to happen.

Now my platelets are slightly high and I am not bruising so much.

What a rollercoaster!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert