MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Can’t get oximeter readings

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Can’t get oximeter readings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott Davey
    Participant

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can’t get accurate readings on my fingers or toes. I was in the emergency room recently and they were able to get good readings on my ear using a special attachment. But, the followup hospital and my regular infusion clinic don’t have that piece of equipment.

Karen LaSota
    Participant

Scott
    Make sure that you hold the meter still until it stops searching and having it below your heart helps. Sometimes light sources can get in the way. Make sure your skin doesn’t have oil or creams …

Scott Davey
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, Karen. I wonder if they can turn the lights off around me next time?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert