MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Caregiver Tips?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Caregiver Tips?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tracy Drane
    Participant

Hi, my husband is currently in the hospital recovering from a stem cell transplant. I know when he gets home he will still be immunosuppressed, so I am trying to clean up the house as much as possible. Hard with three cats and honestly, way too much clutter.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to care for him when he gets home? I know I have to wash my hands before cooking, but honestly, I don’t know what to do day to day to make sure he’s okay. I have the guide on how long to keep foods in the fridge too. I am just really lost, I don’t want to screw up so any help would be most appreciated.

TIA
    Tracy

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Tracy Drane.
    Kathy Stermer
    Participant

The transplant team will be your best resource for information. Maybe one of the nurses? Do you have someone who can be present with you as you digest all the information? Always good to have a second pair of ears for things of that nature. Be sure to express your concerns to the team and social worker to gain as much support as possible through your journey. And truly, best of luck in the recovery.

Tracy Drane
    Participant

Thank you for your response. I have spoken with the transplant team and they have given me a helpful pamphlet and spoken with me briefly about home care. However, they have never experienced it so what I’m asking for here is personal experience from others who have.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert