MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Centers of Excellence………..

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Centers of Excellence………..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barb1962

Good morning to all,
    I came in this morning to read the boards and decided to go to the home page and look at the lists of “Centers of Excellence”. I went through the lists and BAM, there was my husband’s doc’s name on the list Louis Letendre, MD from Mayo, I feel a little better now. He has been my husbands doc since he was diagnosed with Non-hodgkins in 2001, I’m feeling a little more self-assured about our doc.

Barb

doreen

Hello… I was diagnosed with mds at the Mayo in Rochester in March 2004. I have been seeing a hemotologist there (only 2 times) and have talked with the head of the bmt group about getting a bmt. I have wondered if I should see wonder if I should make an appt with Dr. Letendre but always hope that my records are also being seen by him. Sometimes its hard to know where to turn. I tried to look for a support group for mds in rochester but have not found anything. Currently I spend alot of time looking at websites and getting more and more depressed!

shirlsgirl

Barb,

Yeah! That’s great news. It’s nice to know that your husbands doc is on the list! Jody

Suzanne

The center of excellence where I am reviews cases regularly with the whole team that works on MDS.I have even seen a time or two when directions changed from what My doc was talking about-a result of the opinions of others I think. Also met all the other doctors when I was in for chemo because of the schedule for who did rounds.

Barb1962

Doreen?
    You could mention at Mayo if you could have your records looked at by Dr. Letendre at Mayo. I know they have a multitude of docs looking at different cases, but you could specify you wanted Dr. Letendre. He is a very outspoken person, doesn’t mess around. smile

Barb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert