MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Checking In

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Checking In

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    B. Greene

Just a hi to everyone. I check often on all of you but for some reason have a hard time writing.
    Kate and I talk often and it helps. Thanks to all of you for writing and thinking of me, I still can’t get the hang of the private messages. Ha.

Our home is up for sale as well as all the ground and the auction of all of Ron’s many many things will be the 11th of June. It is hard but something that has to be done and the longer I prolong it the longer things will be in a state of uncertainty. We bounced around from house to house and hospital for so long. I haven’t the faintest idea what I am going to do besides get rid of everything. I can’t leave the kids with such a mess.

Glad to see most are doing well. Have a great holiday weekend. Barbra

Terri

Barbra, We do think of you often as well as Kate. Miss you both on the forum and are glad to see you post occasionally.
    I hope and pray for you that things will get better with time.
    God bless you.

sarah

Barbra, I continue to think of you often. I pray everything works out with all you have to do now. Keep us updated when you can.
    Take care,
    Sarah

Jimbob

Barbara,
    I, too, hope the sales and otherr things go well for you and pray that your health will improve. This weekend I will not so much mourn the deaths of many but be glad for that they had lived and the memories they have provided.
    Jim

Marsha

Barbra,
    I too think of you and Kate often you both were such strong people as your loved one was going thru this. I pray that things go well for you and you can have peace.
    God Bless, Marsha

shirlsgirl

Hi Barbra,

I think of you and Kate often. I’m so glad that you both stay in touch. Please tell her hello. smile
    Best of luck with the sale of your house and the auction. Do you know where you are going to move to?

Don’t work too hard, okay?

Take care, Jody

mommachkate

Hi All,
    Just like Barbara, I read the posts often, but I feel too sad and emotional to write. Our son’s wedding was beautiful, last Saturday. They gone off to their honeymoon for a week.I was very strong and happy for them, everybody had a great time.How painfull it was for me that George couldn’t be there on this beautiful day, nobody knows. My warmest regards and best wishes for all of you. Kate

Kathy G

Barb & Kate-
    Good to see you both posting – I can’t even begin to imagine your grief. Glad the wedding went so well Kate – hope they have a wonderful honeymoon – I’m sure they needed it.
    Both of you take care and know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kathy

sarah

Kate, glad the wedding went so well. I think of you often. Please keep us updated on how you are doing when you can.
    Gid Bless
    Sarah

Joannie

Hello Barb and Kate,

I too am glad to see a posting from you guys and know that you are surviving. No one does know how we struggle with the events of our lives now with our loved ones gone. So often we keep it to ourselves so as to not bring the other people down. From the outside people would think we were great and recovered from our losses. They don’t know the moments when we blink back our tears, or swallow a huge lump in our throats, or count furiously to 10 or 100 to stop a flow of tears. It is such an aching loss, that a part of us is gone forever. Time does make it better, but the pain is still there, ready to surface. My dad has been gone now a year and a half, my mom 3 years and I still miss them so! But we go on, pushing ourselves to be normal. It has gotten easier, so maybe in the future it may get easier still. Anyway, if you ever just need to vent about the pain of your loss, don’t hesitate to contact me. All my best wishes, Joan

KP2112

Thinking of you Barbra. I know the sale is coming up this weekend and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I hope your heart is feeling at least a bit better.

Take care,
    Karen

kristyk

Barb
    I’m new to the forum. Mom dx 2/05…I was going back through old posts to get all the good info I have just learned this site provides. Read many of your old posts..feel like i kind of know you. So sorry for your loss…you all fought this thing with such courage. You are an inspiration. In reading your early posts i so identify with your frustrations. I’ve learned a great deal from your messages….thank you and thank Ron.

concern

Barbra,

I hope you are feeling better. I also have’nt been checking in. My mom’s visiting. Trying to cheer her up.

Concern

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert