MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Checking In

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Checking In

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    B. Greene

It seems so strange not to be checking in on my nightly wanderings and seeing how everyone is and looking for something new that might help.

Thank you to those who have written asking how I am doing. Well, I knew it would be horrible and it is. Right now I’m no good to myself or anyone else so I don’t want to post and whine.

I am managing to get a little mad so that probably is a good sign. If someone had just been honest with us we would have made different decisions and that is really bothering me.

If anyone does have any questions I can help with through all of our many trials don’t hesitate to ask, just email and I will help all I can. I think we did pretty much try it all and did learn some things doing it that might help someone else.

I do check in to see how everyone is doing. I can’t abandon my friends who have been so important to us and continue to be.

I look forward to posting a cheerful note.
    Barbra

Carrie

*HUGE HUG*
    Love,
    Carrie

Neil

Hi Barbra,
    So good to hear from you.
    You and Ron will always be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Am looking forward to reading your input on The Forum

Terri

Barbra, It is just great Hearing from You.
    I hope time will Bring you some peace. Think of you so much and just know we are all here for you.

God Bless You

Jimbob

Barbara,
    You are still in our thoughts and prayers.

shirlsgirl

Hi Barbra,

It’s great to hear from you!! I think of you often. Hope you are okay.

Jody

Jack_dup1

Hi Barbra,
    Thanks for keeping in touch. You and Ron were warriors in this horrible battle and never gave up. Ron was fortunate to have you and your family at his side. We all get angry about this from time to time, you are certainly justified. Just cherish the years you had together and keep it in prospective.
    Jack

April

It’s good to hear from you Barbara. I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how you are doing. I will keep you in my prayers.

sarah

Hi Barbra, so good to hear from you. I think of you often. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Take care,
    Sarah

mommachkate

Hi Barbara, Good to have you back, and thank you again you thinking of us.I hope every passing day will bring you a little more comfort for your pain.Best wishes Kate

KATHY1

Barbara, So glad to hear from you. It’s very difficult to get past the anger. It’s bee 6 months since my mom passed and there are times (though less and less) when I still feel anger toward mostly the ICU doctors. I can’t help but think there were things they weren’t telling us. But I know she can’t come back (except in dreams)so I try not to dwell and keep asking those dreadful what if questions. Time and support from friends and family will get you through this very difficult time. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

Kathy

geebeebee

It’s great to hear from you, Barbra. Best of thoughts and wishes,

Greg

concern

hi Barbra,

Remember you and Ron often.

Concern

LRG

Hi Barbra,
    I was wondering how you are doing. I wanted to let you and everyone else on the board know that Hospice offers a “Grief workshop”. I went last Monday for our first visit. I have to be honest with you, my dad passed away almost 8 months ago. After the first visit I am wishing we would have started it sooner. They do recomend waiting 6 weeks, but we had just heard about it. It might be good for you since you lost your husband recently. For me, it brought back so many emotions that I thought I had gotten through/past. We had a VERY HORRIBLE experience with Hospice (which we will be dealing with tonight when we discuss “anger”) but I have heard good things about this support group. I just wanted to make everyone aware of it. I hope your doing as well as can be expected. Please take care.

Lori

Jimbob

Barbara,
    For several years I worked with the Oregon Association of Homes for the Elderly and for 2 years was the administrator of Oregon Baptist Retirement Home. I saw a lot of people pass away. Some families seem to be able to handle the grief (and sometimes anger) but most can really benefit from a grief workshop. Sometimes the scocial services dept at the hospital offer them as does hospice, senior centers, local chapters of MDS, American Cancer, etc. I would highly suggest that anyone who has lost a loved one go to one.
    For those who are still working, or maybe more realistically – overworking, with someone battling mds, support groups can also help to releve so of the strain and provide directions to helpful services and resources. My wife has not used any of these services and I cannot understand how she gets it all done and has maintained her sanity.

Still remembering you and keeping you in my prayers.
    Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert