MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Chemo vs natural treatments

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Chemo vs natural treatments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sheri
    Participant

Is there anyone here going without chemo? I don’t want to go that route. Right now I average a transfusion every 6 months. Other than feeling exhausted all the time I do function. I am 66 and hate the thought of chemo. Anyone doing the natural route would appreciate your feedback.

Chris Ballmer
    Participant

Hi Sheri – I went straight to supplements and diet changes, which helped clean me out a bit. However, my blood counts have been steadily getting lower and lower, and I’m slated for a SCT, so I would probably suggest to both improve your overall health by eating whole foods, trying some Naturopathic Oncology, but also expect that you will need chemo to eradicate the cancerous cells. IMHO. Chemo sucks, but so does cancer… ugh.

Somenath Mitra
    Participant

I have a couple of cases on complete remission after failed chemotherapy ( Jakavi & Thalix ) Weekly Blood Transfusions to Blood Transfusion Free over 2 years now in one case. Blood Transfusion Free for over 6 months in another case. Very Interesting Cases 😊

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert