MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Completed Two Clinical Trials at MD Anderson Houston

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Completed Two Clinical Trials at MD Anderson Houston

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bexar2120
    Participant

I am 61 y/o Hispanic male that was diagnosed with MDS TP53 variant Jan 2023. I was being monitored and on standard care since April 2017. I had an AUTO Stem Cell Transplant at that time. A drawback is developing a secondary cancer. This occurred Jan 2023 when diagnosed with MDS TP53. This quickly progressed to Acute Myeloid Leukemia Oct 2023. My oncologist suggested I go to MD Anderson Houston and we did that October. The purpose was to find some time – by participating in clinical trials.

Well, I enrolled in two separate clinical trials and unfortunately, my oncologist informed me that the second clinical trial was showing no progress. That was enough for us. A allogenic (another person) stem cell was not an option for me. So, we decided time to return home and go on supportive care and eventually as the disease progresses, hospice care.

I would encourage patients to consider clinical trials. I did so as to further medical information on these diseases.

God Bless

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert