MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Counts still dropping

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Counts still dropping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Dennis

Got this week’s blood counts — still dropping a bit:
    WBC 2.6
    RBC 3.7
    Hgb 12.1
    HCT 34.9
    Plt 38
    ANC 1.0

Starting to get a bit concerned here. Numbers haven’t been this low since October.

D

Neil

Hi Dennis,
    Your counts do not look that bad—yet.
    Do you have a plan if they continue to go down?

Dennis

Transplant. That was the original plan, but the vidaza was working, so they held off. Times may be a’changin’, though.

D

franm

Hi Dennis:

Jim BT where pretty good this time but the Onc. still wants him to start the 2nd round of Vidaza next week. I am not looking forward to that at all. He is still real tired and he is going to have a Cat Scan on his Kidney and stomach tomorrow.

I still think you should have that transplant. Your age is in your favor.:

WBC 3.9
    RBC 3.93
    MCV 101
    RDW 17.5
    Platelets 299
    Glucose 156

Fran

Dennis

Fran,

Would you mind sending me a couple cups full of platelets?

I’m pretty sure that ultimately the transplant will take place. I’m hoping to hold off until September, as August is a very busy month for me.

D

patti

Dennis,

You used tremendous wisdom in preparing for a transplant if the circumstances were warranted and waiting as long a you could. I think your age gives you much much leverage for the transplant. I know it won’t be the most fun in your life but what a blessing you have the option. Do you already have a match for the transplant or do they have to start that process now? I will pray, either way. Hang in there. I know it can get discouraging at times.

I here ya about the platelets. Fran, can Jim spare some for mom too? smile She’s a smidgen low at 8K right now! Too bad we can’t share some cells, eh?

Take care,

patti

Dennis

They found 3 of the 9/10 donors the first time thru the regisitries, and I’ve been able to confirm this ,uh, privately.I have one super weird a antigen that while is is found in 4 different populations, it’s not found in combinaion with the others. We’ve tested everywhere exept the International Space Station!

Yeah, I’m ready, and day by day the mind gets more and more ready,

D

Dennis

[QUOTE]Originally posted by patti:
    [QB] Dennis,

I here ya about the platelets. Fran, can Jim spare some for mom too? smile She’s a smidgen low at 8K right now! Too bad we can’t share some cells, eh?

Can’t we just send some over on our Cell Phones? Isn’t that what they’re supposed to do?

D

Jack_dup1

Dennis,
    I can’t spare platelets, but I have plenty of whites I can spare. If only it were that simple.
    Where are you going to get the SCT. Keep the attitude, it will help.
    All the best,
    Jack

Dennis

Jack,

City of Hope has a “branch office” if you will at Samaritan hospital here in Phoenix. We’re going there because it’s close to home, and they draw on all the expertise of the California location.

D

franm

Good Luck Dennis.

I know that Jim’s Blood Count will go down again once he starts Vidaza, which will be next Wednesday. Since he will be 74 and they are doing a CT on his liver today, I am just hoping and praying that he will be all right.

F

willie

Dennis My wife had her transplant as soon as she could. She probably could have waited a bit longer. As it was it was winter with short rainy and foggy days when she was able to get out and walk some. She is a sun person so the winter made her effort to get up and about somewhat harder. Good luke with your donor possibilities.
    Willie

Engel

Dennis,
    My prayers are with you, I hope all goes well. I have not responded for over a month. My husband Kornel dx in Jan. 2006 with RARS, Procrit did not help he developed AML May 12, 2006. Chemo Ara-C was in the hospital for 5 weeks. Is now in full remission and doing well. Just started his consilidation rounds of Vidaza today and I know that his counts will drop.
    HGB> 11.8, WBC.9.8, RBC 3.97, ANC.4.4 and Plt. 404 , during treatment his WBC down to .2 and Plt down to 10, all quickly improved. Good Luck to you all. Gloria

seekay

I hope you will be able to get some signficant rest before and after the transplant. If I recall, you said that you have to travel for work?

It seems like maybe Jimbob might be a good reference for going through this??

sarah

Hope all goes well for you Dennis. What a blessing to have an option of transplant. We searched over 4 1/2 years never find a bone marrow donor.My husband had an hard to find combination of antigens.
    Thats why when we found a double cordblood match
    (not perfect match) we thought it was an answer to prayer. Wishing you the very best.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert