MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dad is at peace now.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dad is at peace now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sandi1

Hi,

My father passed away at age 83 yesterday after his two and a half years of trying all things imaginable for his diagnosis of MDS. He truly amazed the doctors with the positive results he was getting for some time. But finally his heart failed. All along he never gave up and hardly complained though at times the effects of his medications caused him great discomfort. We are of course very sad.

Just stay strong and take each day as a gift. One day there will hopefully be a definitive cure for this illness. God Bless.

-Sandi

Debster01

I am so sorry Sandi-my dad passed too from this hideous illness. You are in my prayers…Deb

ButchL
    Participant

You are in my prayers as well…..

eve

dear sandi

i am so very sorry for your loss

eve

Sandi1

Thank you for your prayers. These days are very trying but I try to keep good thoughts about all the years he lived and loved. I am sorry to about the loss of your loved ones. Let’s keep strength in that which remains behind.

-Sandi

Bkwits

Dear Sandi

My thoughts and prayers have been sent to help ease your despair. Your dad fought the good fight and now is at peace.
    May God bless you and your family,
    Barb

JSRN

Sandi,
    I am very sorry for your loss. My mom is fighting this terrible disease also.
    God bless you.
    Sue

Alice S
    Participant

Dear Sandi
    So sorry to hear the news. Take comfort from the knowledge that he is at last free of this disease.
    God will help you in the coming days and months, we will praying for you and your family.
    Alice

Russ P.

Dear Sandi,
    Thoughts and prayers that our loving God will sustain and comfort you during this time. Trust in Him.
    Blessings,
    Russ

campbell

Sandy………… so sorry about your dad. This disease is very difficult to fight…….sounds like he gave4 it a good fight. Try and remember the good.

bety

Dear Sandy,
    I was very saddened to hear about your dad. I would have written sooner, but did not keep up with your posts because I was exhausted from sitting in an uncomfortable chair 24 hours per day, while Ed was hospitalized. He needed me to be with him and I needed to be with him.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

bety

CarolineG

Sandi.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. His fight sounds very similar to the one that my Dad is fighting as well.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Sandi1

Thank you Bety and Caroline,

I thank you for your support during this difficult time.

Bety, I have spoken of you and your husband to my mother as your husband is, and my father was, two of the eldest to be afflicted with the illness and that presents another set of variables to consider in terms of treatment options.

Our thoughts are with you. I hope that Ed is feeling better. Please take care of yourself too.

-Sandi

suzienky

Sandi

I have just recently learned of this website and I am truly sorry for your loss. I know time heals or helps, but it’s hard. My thoughts are prayers are with you.

I too have someone with this disease, my mom who is 85. She is currently in the hospital and in terrible pain. She was diagnosed with MDS in October, 06. We learned yesterday that she was always a high risk, but now she in Leukemia. Her liver and spleen are enlarged and the doctor has put her on a chemo drug to help reduce the spleen. She is on constant transfusions as she has just received 3 units and it only brought her up to 9.9. She has developed antibiodies and it makes it harder and harder to find the blood – we had to wait 2 days for it at one point. I just hate seeing her in so much pain.

maueenh
    Participant

Sandi

I’m so sorry to hear that your father passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert