MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dad is in the hospital (my heart is broke)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dad is in the hospital (my heart is broke)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Dad is in the hospital. He white counts are at 54.
    They say he has tumor lice in his blood that he transferring quickly to AML.

His kidneys are failing. They say it is a matter of time. And they we should start preparing for the end.

I am so sad! And my heart is broken. I don’t want him to go. But I don’t want him to suffer any more.

Andrea

I am so wsorry about your dad. My prayers are with you
    and your family. God Bless
    Andrea

eve

dear sad about dad

praying for a miracle

eve

sarah

I too am sorry to hear about your Dad. I pray he will not suffer. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sarah

Carrie

He’s so young. I’m praying for a miracle, too.

April

I’m soooooo sorry about your dad. I will be praying for you and your family.

shirlsgirl

Dear Sad,

I’m so very sorry to hear about your dad. I hope things turn around. Please take care, thinking of you, Jody

ps. what is tumour lice?

LisainOk

oh I am so sorry hon. Praying for a miracle for him. I am having such ahard time dealing with the loss of my dad, I can’t bear to think of anyone else having to go thru this.

~Lisa

Donna

Dear Sad, It’s not fair is it? — I don’t know what to say to make you feel better. I can say — as unbearable the loss of my mom is — it was harder to watch her suffer, and when her time came, she looked to peaceful, the pain was gone. If there is no miracle to be — I pray that he is comfortable. I’m so sorry sad. Hang in there.
    I’ll be thinking of you.

Donna

Terri

There are no words to express my sadness for you. I do hope your dad is not suffering.
    Continued prayers to all

Shirlsgirl,

The hemo told us that Tumor Lice was the Leukemia in the blood. But don’t quote me. I have never been told so much medical stuff then in the last 48 hours. And I don’t even know if I am spelling it right. He said something about the Tumor Lice being in the blood which is Leukemia and then it splits spreading its ugly self.

The strange thing is that in 2 years his platelet counts are for the first time normal and so are the other counts except for the White counts which are five times the amount.

They want him to go to the hospice to die. But he said he wanted to die at home.

Tears are flowing down my face and the pain in my heart is unbearable.

I guess I am little nieve I had no idea that when the Hemo called yesterday and said that he wanted a family meeting that it was going to be such a horrible meeting. But I knew that it was going to be horrible when he walked in with five other people and one was the social worker.

KATHY1

Dear Sad, I too am sorry for what you are going through. Like Donna said the hardest part is watching them suffer. The times that I cry the hardest for mom are when I think of her final days in the hospital. If it is truly meant to be I hope it will be quick and painless. Your in my prayers.

Kathy

mommachkate

Dear Sad, I can,t find the words to tell how sorry I am about your Dad and your pain of loosing him. Hoping for a miracle, thinking of you.Kate

shirlsgirl

Sad,

I was just thinking about you today…I hope you are okay. Is your dad comfortable? When do you think he’ll be able to come home? Your dad is so young it just seems so unfair. I’m so sorry that you have to go through this.

Jody

Andrea

So sorry to hear about your dad. I can’t imagine what you are going through. Your dad is so young, you must be as well, too young to be going through this. God Bless you and your family. Andrea

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert