MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Daddy is still with us but it won't be long now

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Daddy is still with us but it won't be long now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

He’s getting weaker and his body is struggling. Tomorrow at 1:30 we’re having his birthday celebration. His pain is controlled and he’s very peaceful.

I fed him ice chips today and felt closer to him than ever. This is a blessing for all of us as he has been lucid and awake a lot lately. It’s definitely starting to change, though.

Tomorrow (actually today since it’s 12:30 am) will be a very big day for all of us. I’ll write more soon.

Love,
    Carrie

Kathy TN

Carrie-
    I hope your Dad enjoys his birthday celebration – I know it’s a bittersweet time for you. I so admire your courage and strength my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kathy

PAG2005

Carrie,

My prayers are with you and your family. I’m glad your dad is comfortable without pain. Hugs.. Pat

sarah

Carrie, thinking and praying for you and your family.

Terri

Carrie, Thoughts are with you and the prayers continue.

Kathryn

Hey Carrie, you know that my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. He is so blessed to be surrounded with so much love and to have such a wonderful daughter. I am here for you.

Love,

Kat.

riley

Hi Carrie,

My prayers are continuing for all of you. I hope that it’s been a peaceful day. What a blessing that you were all able to be together today.

Love,
    Nicole

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert