MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Daddy's celebrating his birthday in heaven

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Daddy's celebrating his birthday in heaven

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

He passed away today at about 4:25 EST. He was surrounded by love and we were all touching him. It was completely peaceful (just slowly stopped breathing).

Just after we sang him Happy Birthday (about 30 of us), he started to let go.

Thank you for your support. I’ll be back tomorrow.

Still in shock but joyful that he’s resting,
    Carrie

shirlsgirl

Aaaawww Carrie,

I’m so sad, and I’m so sorry. It must have given your Dad tremendous comfort, having all of his loved ones by his side. His passing sounds truly peaceful.

Thinking of you and your mom and family….

Love,

Jody ((hugs))

Ani

So sorry Carrie, but he is resting now and looking down on all of you, so be brave!
    Thoughts and prayers
    Ani

geebeebee

Carrie,

I’m sorry for your loss, but it’s comforting to know your Dad is at peace now, with no more worries about this horrible disease.

Take care of yourself, and I’ll be thinking of you and your family in the days to come.

Greg

sarah

Carrie, I too am sorry for your loss. Cherish all the wonderful memories. I am glad it was peaceful for him.
    Sarah

Kathryn

Oh Carrie… it is so profound to think that he passed away on his birthday… surrounded w/ all of his family…& all that love. What a beautiful way to go Home.

May you find strength and peace in your memories and in knowing that he is free.

With love & hugs,

Kat.

eve

dear carrie

my deepest sympathy on the passing of your father – may all the loving memories you have of him live within your heart forever

eve

Terri

Carrie, I am so deeply sorry for your loss.
    Peace be with you and your family.

John in GR

Hi Carrie,

My father was buried on his 89th birthday. God allowed him a full and satisfying life filled with enrichment for himself and those whose lives he touched.

The knowledge of our physical separation was more than offset by the knowledge that he was celebrating the day in heaven.

On August 26th I commemorated my brother’s first birthday since his sudden passing last November. Birthdays are thought provoking events, aren’t they. My prayers and condolences are w you and your family.

John

Donna

Sounds like your dad was waiting to hear you all sing to him.

Sad, beautiful and very touching.

My condolences to you and your family Carrie.

Donna

Carrie,
    I am very sad for your loss…
    I was around an Uncle knowing he was going to Heaven and the family was all around… it was one of the most peaceful times ever…
    may the days to come be filled with good memories and strength for you and your whole family…
    love, di

Sandy L

Carrie

So sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers are with you.

Marsha

Carrie,

I am so sorry for the sadness you and your family will feel in the next weeks and months, but for your dad to celebrate his birthday in heaven and at peace what a wonderful gift. Prayers are for you today and for a long time to find peace and comfort.
    God Bless, Marsha

ButchL
    Participant

Carrie:

I am so so sorry. I don’t know what to say anymore to these things. This disease is just so awful. I pray for you and your family to find peace with it like he has. It is a tough road to be on but with the help of friends and family it will get better.

Please let me know if there are any arrangements being made etc. And as always, I am here if you need me.

Butch

Sandy M

Carrie,
    I’m sorry for your loss, it must be beautiful to be surrounded by loved ones when the end comes, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert