MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Daddy's celebrating his birthday in heaven

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Daddy's celebrating his birthday in heaven

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Thank you for the words of comfort. His funeral is Thursday morning. These next few days will be rough but I know that the rest will be tougher.

I am comforted by a lot of things but especially by the fact that I can talk to him any time. While he was sick, he couldn’t answer the phone very often. Now I don’t even have to dial.

Love you all,
    Carrie

riley

Carrie,

You and your family have my prayers and my deepest sympathies. It sounds like your father’s passing was so peaceful. It’s beautiful that August 27 was such a special day for your Dad…born into this life and born into new life. I hope your memories are bringing you peace.

Love,
    Nicole

patti

Carrie,

I was so taken by how things were when your father passed. I can’t think of a better way to go into eternity then surrounded by loved ones singing (especially “happy birthday!”) It brought a smile to my face for what a peace it must have brought him.

Our family will pray that these next weeks and months will bring consideration of things eternal and comfort for your hearts. It’s so hard losing a parent…

patti

PAG2005

Carrie,

I’m very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I’m so glad your dad was surrounded by loved ones when he passed. Hugs.. Pat

KATHY1

Carrie,

So sorry for your loss. You’ve been through tough times I’m just glad that the end came so peacefully. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through more tough times. As sad as you feel keep remembering that your dad is no longer suffering.

Kathy

Naomi

Hi Carrie:
    I am so sorry that your dad has gone. You did so much for him, trying to find something to help him get better. He is no longer suffering and is at peace. Keep this in mind as days go by and remember the good times you had with him.
    Prayers are with you and your family
    Naomi

al’s wife
    Participant

Carrie:

I’m so sorry for loss. I am so happy for you though to be able to be there with him knowing that he went peacefully and painlessly. I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Lynn

DonUK

Carrie – I am so so sorry. You and your family have my sympathies and are in my prayers.

God bless,

concern

Hi Carrie,

Prayers for your family. Almost a year since my dad passed away one day before his birthday.

Concern

JaneP

Carrie,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. He followed shortly after my brother. I am sure they are in heaven looking down on us today. I too know how peaceful that day was.

I pray for you and your family in this time of loss.

JaneP

gemloyear

Carrie, My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
    Ellie

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert