MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dealing with loss

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dealing with loss

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    John in GR

On Nov 28, 2004 my brother, friend and law partner died suddenly from a heart attack at age 64. It was certainly ironic since he was apparently in good health while my MDS situation makes my future healthwise questionable.

And so through God’s grace and sovereignty, I am still here and doing well physically, while Dan went quickly from life to life hereafter.

A good friend, who is an editor at Zondervan Publishing in Grand Rapids gave me a copy of a book re dealing with loss. I found it to be an outstanding read and commend to you for your consideration. I’m sure it can be purchased through Amazon.com or through your local bookstore. The book is called “A Grace Disguised” by Jerry Sittser, a gentleman required by fate to deal with the simultaneous loss of his mother, his wife, and one of his daughters in a car accident.

John

sarah

John, Sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your brother. Been wondering how you were doing.
    Sarah

Terri

John, I too am sorry for your loss, even through this time you are giving us all some advice

Take care

shirlsgirl

Hi John,

How awful…I’m so sorry about your brother. It sounds like you were very close. I hope you are well. Take care, Jody

Donna

Hi John, I’m so sorry for your loss. I just recieved a phone call a little while ago that my ex sister in law had passed away on Saturday, suddenly. She was only 48. My first husbands passed away at the age of 32 and my mom this past summer. So much truth to the saying – “live each day”. I find myself almost getting paranoid now, and worrying about everything. I will be checking out the book you suggested.

Take Care John, again, I’m so sorry.

Donna

alexandra7
    Participant

Hello John!
    I’m sorry for your loss . God be with you!!!ALEXA

mommachkate

Hi John, So very sorry about your loss of your brother.You have all this pain, and you trying to help others. Thank you. Kate

KATHY1

John, So sorry for your loss. Thanks for the info on the book. I might just give it a read. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

Kathy

gemloyear

Hi John, I’m very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. It was very thoughtful of you to recommend the book to us. I will buy it and read it, we all need help in coping at a time like this. Sincere sympathy to you and your family. Ellie & Glen

B. Greene

Our sincere condolences and sympathy. Thank you for the suggestion. We, too, have been wondering how you were doing and so sorry you had to post with this news. Barbra and Ron

Carrie

My sympathy to your family.
    Take care,
    Carrie

John in GR

Thank you all for those kind and supportive remarks. I feel humbled and encouraged.

If any of you decide to read this book, I would appreciate your feedback. I found it to be very insightful and helpful. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

John

concern

Hi John, Sorry to hear about your loss. It just makes us realize that fate has such a big hand in our lives. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

LisainOk

John,
    So sorry to hear of your loss:( Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve been looking for something to help my mom cope with my dad’s recent death. Much love & many prayers to you~Lisa

Joannie

John,

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. Joan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert