MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dehydration MDS Patient

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dehydration MDS Patient

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Neri Schlussel
    Participant

My father has MDS experiencing dehydration. Have you experinced this with your love oneach who has MDS, any suggestions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Neri, Thirst isn’t always a reliable early indicator of the body’s need for water. Many people, particularly older adults, don’t feel thirsty until they’re already dehydrated. That’s why it’s important to increase water intake during hot weather or when you’re ill.

Dehydration can lead to serious complications such as low blood volume shock (hypovolemic shock). This is one of the most serious, and sometimes life-threatening, complications of dehydration. It occurs when low blood volume causes a drop in blood pressure and a drop in the amount of oxygen in your body.

As you age, your body’s fluid reserve becomes smaller, your ability to conserve water is reduced and your thirst sense becomes less acute. These problems can be compounded by chronic illnesses, and by the use of certain medications. Older adults also may have mobility problems that limit their ability to obtain water for themselves.

I hope this helps.

Nishant Gaurav
    Participant

I was loioking for the cheats for bingo bash and I got them on bingo bash free chips now I have unlimited bingo bash chips. I got all the offers from the mentioned platform for free.

SAM
    Participant

I really looking for learn about windows 10. follow this link address microsoft 10 support and learn step by step tutorial with full information. thank you so much for this mind blowing windows 10 learning website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert