MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Deletion 5Q MDS Treatment

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Deletion 5Q MDS Treatment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ROBERT HOGAN
    Participant

Has anyone heard of any investigative medications being worked on that may possibly help bone marrow to make more blood cells. I keep watching but have seen nothing recently for treating this strain of MDS other than transfusions.

lisab
    Participant

Hi Robert
    I’m a del5q patient. This is my 3rd anniversary. I’m on lenalidimid with helps create blood cells. Been transfusion free for 3years in November. I also take folic acid and b12 to help. When diagnosed my hemoglobin was 35 and now it is 137 to 141. I’ve had very few side effects on this medication. Hope this helps.

Satoshi Kojima
    Participant

Hi Robert,

I’m del5q, with ASXL1,PPM1D and TET2 mutations. I’m currently watch and wait and it has been 1 year since diagnosis. Hemoglobin down to 9.4. Doc says that when HB is down to 9 he will start me on Procrit injections to help with the red blood cells. Procrit is a man made protein to help produce more red blood cells. Doc also advised that if Procrit not working I would go on either lenalidomide or vidaza.

Hope this helps and good luck with your treatment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert