MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dennis' transplant

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dennis' transplant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Hi all …

I know that all of you have written great things for our humerous friend Dennis who is in the hospital now awaiting his transplant tomorrow. Dennis has set up a CaringBridge site and I am sure would appreciate a quick note from each of you. His site is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dennisgoward Hopefully, you can cut and paste this into your browser.

Thank you all in advance. I know Dennis will appreciate it.

Jerry

sdrake

Jerry,

That’s one of the things that makes this forum great. The caring, concern, and support for one another is so special. Thanks for letting us know.

Shari

camiboxer

When going to the site, you have to remove the “period” at the end to gain access. Hope that makes sense?

shirlsgirl

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had trouble posting on Dennis’s Caringbridge site? I got in okay, but was unable to leave a message…tried 3 times and got error messages at the bottom of the screen. Maybe I’m doing it wrong?

Jody

Jerry

Thanks Jody …

Don’t know what’s going on … that’s the link that Dennis gave us …. try this one, http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=dennisgoward I was just at his site and it worked … thanks for trying …

Jerry

PS: Dennis’ transplant is today … the beginning of a new life … thoughts and prayers are with him and Nancy …

camiboxer

I can get to the screen to leave a message only I can’t leave one! Hopefully it is just a bug and will get worked out soon.
    I have thought about him all day today. I know everything is going to go wonderful!

Jerry

Susi …

I was just at his site using the link in my previous post … down at the bottom there is a link to “visit guestbook”, click on it and it will take you to “sign guestbook”. That should work. Good luck because I know Dennis is having a rough time or we would have heard from him. He will appreciate your note.

Jerry

shirlsgirl

Yay, it worked this time. Thanks Jerry!

camiboxer

Still no-go for being able to sign the guest book. I get to the actual page where I can see the area for signing but nothing I type shows up! Will keep trying and of course praying that he is doing well.

shirlsgirl

Hi Susi, that’s exactly what happened to me… I thought it was some glitch. On my last attempt I didn’t preview what I tried to post just clicked save and I was surprised…it actually went through. Good luck! Jody

LorettaV

Dennis is having some difficulty at the moment with his transplant. Sat. they had to use paddles twice. He was put on respirator and dialysis machine. His heart rate was very elevated Sat. but Sun. report said his heart rate was almost back to normal. It has been a rough wknd. for wife, Nancy, and we’re praying that things turn around quickly for them and the next news of him will be positive.

sdrake

Loretta,

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how Dennis is doing. Lots of prayers are being said for him and his family. Hopefully better news will be coming soon.

Shari

covergirl

Hi folks,

You may need to register on Caringbridge website to post in the guestbook?????

Sending lots of prayers up for Dennis!

patti

Loretta,

Dennis isn’t posting on the caringbridge site right now (assuming because of difficulties). It seems like many people on BMT board know what’s going on. Do you know which board he’s on so we can keep up with prayer specifics? Thanks.

Patti

SandyB

Patti:

I believe Dennis belongs and posts at: http://www.acor.org/diseases/BMT/bmt-talk.html

It gives instructions on how to join.

Sandy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert