MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

did your neupogen stop working?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board did your neupogen stop working?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    patti

If you’ve ever taken neupogen for your white cells, did it ever stop working for you? And if so, how long did it work?

For all intense purposes it appears that the neupogen stopped working for mom about 6 months ago. We are doing a two week trial run to see what happens but we’re pretty sure she’s done with it. As they hand counted white cells because she had so few today I figure she can only go up so that’s not going to tell us much!

Just curious about other folks experience. Mom has been on it 2 1/2yrs but it looks like it worked for two years.

Thanks,

patti

paml

Patti,

I took Neupogen for 3 years; twice weekly. The growth factor never stopped working for me. I stopped taking Neupogen when my wbc climbed to 17 prompting a bmb. For whatever reason, my marrow kicked in and started producing both reds and whites in qty and quality to sustain me without the need for growth factors. I have RA.

Best Regards,
    Pam L.

patti

Thanks, Pam. Mom has RAEB so her marrow is basically in complete failure. I’m guessing she’s just unable to get those stems cells to mature with the neupogen anymore. Thanks for sharing. How cool that your body kicked in!

Patti

chuckk333

Dr. Stone in his talk that is podcast on

http://lls.hipcast.com/deluge/84d4eb82-2850-1295-e9b8-8b3f343dad0e.mp3 .

states that the growth stimulators for white cells can produce an increase in counts, but are not shown clinically to reduce the infection rate. (At least thats the way I understood his statement.)

Does anyone have any comments on their experiences?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert