MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Diet and nutrition and any help at all

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Diet and nutrition and any help at all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    azalin
    Participant

Any input would be appreciated. My father was Diagnosed with MDS. He is a 63 year old male. His red blood cells are low and blood dependant at this point. He is receiving transfusions weekly. Not a candidate for marrow due to beginning stages liver disease. We have an appointment at Mayo clinic on Oct 2. The doctors here told us there is no hope. Months maximum maybe a year with chemo. I can’t do anything but pray. I have began juicing for him daily and taking him juice/smoothie every other day. Began supplements of Turmeric and papaya and started meal planning foods like wild Salmon and chicken and beans and brown rice for dinner. Trying to get the nutritional part under control. We have began essential oils such as Frankensense, Myrrh, and Helichrysum and he has began Simpson oil at night. Also Papaya tea to help with platelets. Has anyone had any luck with diet change and natural treatments? Also, all blood levels are affected already and clinging to some hope. If anyone can share anything that would be helpful I really need it right now. Thank you in advance

tam
    Participant

Hi Azalin. I described my diet in detail in another entry. If you are interested go to “Search Forums” on the right hand side of the page. Enter the word “Fage” in the Search bar and two entries should come up. If you can’t find my two entries or have other questions related to my diet, please let me know. I cannot promise my diet is helping, but I was diagnosed six years ago and my status has not changed since.
    TAM

azalin
    Participant

Thank you for the response. I will attempt to locate! It’s appreciated!!

Clement Rose
    Participant

Azalin, I was diagnosed with MDS four years ago. I researched and was advised to take sesame oil capsules, papaya leaf tea for platelets. Didn’t work for me. My WBC and platelets have continued to decline, but everything else has shown some improvements.

azalin
    Participant

So far so good on my dad’s new diet. He has been blood dependant weekly since March of this year. Since diet and supplement change we are on day 17 without a transfusion. Last week results were from the Monday prior. 8.0 went up to 9.7….red count went from 2.45 to 3.07 … Also platelets went from 11,000 up to 106,000… White count went from 2.25 up to 4.24(within normal range) his doctor was in disbelief at the results and questioned if something was inaccurate. Regardless if things are working or not he has felt better the past 3 weeks than he has in months even rode his motorcycle!

bobby pellegrini
    Participant

Asalin what supplement changes did you make and the protocol you used? Thank you!

azalin
    Participant

We are using essential oils and supplements like flax seed, co-10, b-12, papaya, we juice every evening carrots celery apples and pears. We make smoothie every morning with Greek yogurt and almond milk. Dark berries, dragon fruit, papaya banana apples pears avacodo kale spinach I mix it up for him every day so it’s not exactly the same, and drop it off in the morning before work. We have eliminated most processed sugars. Eating a healthy diet with lots of brown rice, lentils, chicken , fresh vegetables. Drinking Papaya tea. Eating apricot. We are day 26 transfusion free.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by azalin.
    Jim Marcus
    Participant

My brother is 72 and he was recently diagnosed MDS high risk. I am moving him into our home and have begun juicing a “lemon ginger blast” a juice created by a guy by the name of Lou Corona. I have purchased a slow juicer and begun perfecting the lemon ginger blast. Here’s one of sever videos on this juice. Ingredients I use are Apples, lemons, limes, garlic, turmeric, ginger, jalapeno (or habanero)cilantro, lucinato kale, parsley, mint, celery, cucumber, The anecdotal information on this juice is fantastic. Good luck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZtGldiCsj4

Jackie Foley
    Participant

Hi!

I just wanted to check in as this looks like an older post to see how things went and also what type of essential oils / quantities did he take of the following

-essential oils (which ones?)
    -supplements like flax seed, co-10, b-12 (how much?)
    -Papaya
    – Juice in evenings: carrots celery apples and pears (is this all in one?)
    – AM Smoothie: Greek yogurt and almond milk. Dark berries, dragon fruit, papaya banana apples pears avacodo kale spinach (is this all in one?)

Diet: No processed sugars. Eating brown rice, lentils, chicken , fresh vegetables. Drinking Papaya tea. Eating apricot. (Is this the seed or fruit?)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Jackie Foley.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert