MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Donor drives

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Donor drives

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SimonChai

Hello, everyone. I just found out today that there’s no donor match in the bone marrow registry for me and I am wondering about next steps. My sister wants to start advertising in the newspaper to encourage more donors to join the registry and a friend wants to start a drive. Does anyone have any experience with this? The doctors have told me that it’s unlikely anyone I know will be a donor but my friends want to try anyway. Advice, anyone?? Thanks!

sarah

Hi, when my husband was first dx’d Dec 01 we were also told no match. Search has continued since with no match still. We are actually now proceeded with cord blood match, not a perfect match but 4 of 6. We with the help of friends and Red Cross have put on over 8 bone marrow drives. We had to raise alot of money to fund them, but with help of friends did put over 2500 donors on registry, which we are very proud of. In our area Red Cross charged $74 to type one person.So we had to raise alot of money to fund these.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert