MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Driving

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peter Favager
    Participant

This is my 1st time taking INQOVI. Is it likely to affect my driving at all. Also any unknown side affects that might appear. TY

Amy Clark
    Participant

Hi Peter,
    Best of luck to you on your MDS journey and with this drug. From my husband’s experience and my understanding, the side effects of HMAs that would affect driving have to do with overall blood counts dropping and the subsequent weakness/ poor feelings, as well as the pain inherent in the disease or as a result of bone marrow stimulation from the drug. It is hard to tease the two strands of the rope apart. Is it the disease or is it the drug? You can ask your doctor, but they are giving you an opinion on this one b/c both the drug and the disease affect people differently. Specifically the first few months while on HMAs, your body is adjusting to the cycle and you may end up in the hospital with a neutropenic fever. We later found out that our doctor at the time pretty much “expected” that to be the case. Hope this helps! My husband has been on Inqovi for over three years and would be happy to talk if you are ever interested. 832-540-4214

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert