MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Drugs to teat MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Drugs to teat MDS

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cerbysam
    Participant

I am low risk but want to make sure I find a part D drug company that will cover the medications I might need. Could someone give me a small list of drugs that are used to treat in the early stages

Karen LaSota
    Participant

from my friend, google:
    Azacitidine (Vidaza®) · Decitabine (Dacogen®) · Lenalidomide (Revlimid®) · Luspatercept-aamt (REBLOZYL®) · INQOVI® (previously known as ASTX727).

Amy S.
    Participant

I believe if the drug is delivered via IV or injection, it is considered as part of the chemo treatment and is covered by Part B and not by the Part D drug plan. FOr example, in my case, I got Azacitidine (Vidaza®) via IV infusion, so my part B covered it and I never use my part D. I do not know about the oral Vidaza (e.g. INQOVI). To be sure, I suggest asking the doctor what drugs or treatment method he/she plans to use.

cerbysam
    Participant

Thanks for all of your help. I was afraid that I had to buy a really really part D coverage but now it looks like Medicare will help with this. Hope I never have to use it. Fortunately I have been stable since diagnosed in 2014. Thanks again for your help.

Joe Catalano
    Participant

Since I joined the message board I find it helpful to hear it was going on with others. I am a bit surprised to find people asking what treatments they may try. I am on watch and wait I have a doctor at Sloan Kettering and I trust that he will guide me along the way. Do others not feel that way or am I being naïve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert