MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Ed's lost battle

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Ed's lost battle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bety

Ed passed away on May 7th, 2008. He fought mds for 3 and one-half years without complaint. The last 8 weeks were spent in the hospital, where he fought infection and low counts. Internal bleeding could not be controlled. I am grateful to the medical team that made his last months easier. This forum was a great comfort and may have helped extend his life. All the best, Bety

eve

dear bety

i am so sorry to hear of the passing of ed – may all the loving memories you have of him live within your heart forever and may you find comfort in knowing that he is at peace

eve

Russ P.

My sincere condolences, Bety. I pray that the Merciful Lord in Heaven will help heal your sorrow.
    God bless,
    Russ

Jo L.

Bety, I am so sorry for your loss. May you get strength in knowing he is pain free and watching over you now as you have cared for him.

Jo

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Dear Bety,
    I have followed your posts for quite awhile and I am very sorry to learn of your loss. Ed certainly had a wonderful advocate in you.

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jack_dup1

Bety,
    I am very sorry to hear about Ed. You did every thing you could, it never seems enough. We know whats coming, yet are never prepared for it.
    Our prayers are with you. You will always have friends on the forum.
    Jack S

bety

Dear friends, Thank you for the condolence messages, prayers and your kind support. Fortunately, my children are in very close contact and a great source of comfort. bety

lynette

Bety,
    I am so sorry to hear of Ed’s passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lynette

bety

Dear Lynette,
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. The loss of your mom must still be very difficult.
    My younger sister died suddenly 4 months ago in Poughkeepsie. I am still coping with her loss.
    All the best, bety

gemloyear

bety, My sincere condolences.Their loss is difficult to accept even though they are free from suffering and are with God.
    My God bless you and your family.Ellie

bety

Dear Elle,
    Thank you for your sincere condolences.
    I have been following your posts for some time and have always found them informative and comforting. I found that your loss was particularly hurtful.
    It will take some time before I can realize that Ed is not coming back. He was very special; a privilege to know and be with. I am trying to focus on the great years we had together. All the best, bety

choijk

bety
    I am so sorry to hear of eds passing. You were such a wonderful advocate for him and I’m sure he was comforted to know you were by his side every step of the way. Please accept my deepest condolences. My thoughts and prayers…
    June

bety

Dear June,
    Thak you for your kind thoughts and prayers. Your posts have always been valuable and appreciated. I hope that Vidaza works for your dad! All the best. Bety

Sandi1

Dear Bety,

I have checked in on the site from time to time and hadn’t seen your postings in a while. I understood what that could imply.

You supported Ed through the three plus years of his ordeal with this illness. And I think he is at peace, and that is what I wish you now.

May your memories of your life together sustain you and may they give you strength during this difficult time.

In Sympathy,

Sandi

bety

Dear Sandi,
    Thank you for your comforting post and kind remarks.
    You are right about the wonderful memories…they help ease the pain.
    Every moment with him was precious. I feel fortunate to have met him and known him all
    these years. He was truly a great person and
    will always live in my thoughts.
    All the best, bety

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert