MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Exhaustion

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Exhaustion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcy Bohannon
    Participant

I am receiving Vidaza chemo, which is only 2 shot for 7 days but I am completely exhausted for the rest of the month. Is this normal?

Tom Nelson
    Participant

I am MDS del5q. 3 years into the program. I have learned to work in short spurts, maybe an hour. Evening , I’m just plain exhausted. Still able to get most daily routine household functions taken care. Hgb hanging about 9. Taking Aranesp every other week. It’s a new life’s routine.

Mary
    Participant

Husband gets one shot for 5 consecutive days monthly he gets really tired about 2-3 after treatment. Begins to gain some energy back around day 4-5.

Marie Miguel
    Participant

Going through chemotherapy can be extremely exhausted. Just take good care of yourself, get plenty of rest and maintain good nutrition. Be positive always. Just do your best and God will do the rest!

Patricia Shull
    Participant

I get 3 shots per day for 5 days. I am exhausted almost constantly. Sometimes my heart sounds like it is bursting through my chest. My Hemoglobin is 8. My rbc 2.2 and wbc 1.0 I start my 4th cycle on Vidaza on Monday.

I have learned to sit and rest as much as I am up and around. I lean on the kitchen island while preparing dinner. I sleep about 8-9 hours every night. About 3 months ago, I found that sleeping in an upright lounge chair gave me more energy in the morning. I have a designated sewing room with a TV where I can just sit and enjoy sewing.

What I learned that has helped me most, is meditation. I breathe deeply and just tell my body that it is strong and healthy. I can almost do this in less than a minute. It gives me energy for some reason.

My best aid, though, is a 53 year marriage to my almost sainted husband.

Hang in there.

♥️Pat

Marie Miguel
    Participant

I hope everyone undergoing chemo will finally be treated so that you wont be exhausted. Meditation would be helpful in some ways.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert