MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Fevers

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Deb Richards
    Participant

I run fevers (usually bout 100) frequently and always wake with a fever. Anyone else dealing with this? (I have MDS and probably AML now) been dealing with the fevers for months and Tylenol relieves it and we haven’t been able to figure out where infection might be. Help. Any suggestions?

Bernadette
    Participant

Hello, my father has MDS and is currently in treatment awaiting his transplant. He experiences fevers daily, night and morning. He was advised to take the Tylenol ahead of the fever to help prevent. It’s been working for him the past few days. Are you on chemo treatment?

Lara Hunt
    Participant

Deb, fever could be due to the low imunity , i was advised by our hematologist to go see a doctor right away. Low neutrophilos can cause fever but also could be a start of infection.

Rose Palazzolo
    Participant

Deb,
    My husband runs a fever on and off. Could be fine one minute then 103 the next. We’ve called the doctor when he got fever in beginning, he went to hospital twice and no one knew what was causing the fever. Had blood cultures done and giving IV fluids. So now when he runs a fever I give him Tylenol and it drops back down. Not sure it’s the best advice but getting no results several times this is what we do. Works for us for now.
    Rose

Michael
    Participant

I was diagnosed in July 2016 At age 63 with MDS MD. I am on watch and wait since that time. Only once have I had a fever. I went to emergicare, as instructed by hematologist. Chest X-ray, blood work and flu testing all negative. Placed on IV given antibiotics with follow up on Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Was a big scare for me as it was 5 months after diagnosis. No fevers since that time but I do get skin infections, mostly from chafing on inner thighs from long walks. I am always either severely or moderately neutropenic at each monthly blood work up. I monitor my temp daily and am always on alert for possible fever.

Tereze Gluck
    Participant

Hi deb. I run fevers too and take Tylenol. I’m waiting for a bone marrow transplant… but sorry, no insights. Just confirmation that you’re not alone!

Shirl Hardt
    Participant

I run a fever of 100 to 102 about every 5 weeks. Lymph nodes in my groin area swell up and are very sore. The fever lasts about 24 to 36 hours. I was diagnosed in April of 2017 at age 62 with MDS. Doctors can’t seem to find out what’s causing it. I’m at the point that it is what it is… This is my new life.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert