MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

for only we who have MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board for only we who have MDS

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Mary4Mike
    Participant

I figured out the email that I received. It was from the MDS foundation informing me that a patient forum being held September 29th in Wisconsin has been cancelled. Sorry about the confusion.

Zoe

Cathie,

Do you mean the title at the top of a post? I think Mary changed the topic within this topic. On the main board does it still say "for only we who have MDS"? Mine does. I haven’t heard anything about the forum closing.

Zoe

katydid

thanks Zoe – I get it now – I didn’t know people could arbitrarily change the name of the forum
    But will take this opportunity to say goodbye as I don’t think this is the place for me – us kiwis ( from New Zealand ) have a culture of being very upfront and leading with our emotions and I know this has annoyed some people on here. I guess I just say what I feel and it ain’t always nice – or perhaps appropriate. So sorry to those of tou I have offended – my only real wish ever is to have ‘real conversations’ – I have lots of trouble with all the appeals to the almighty and other god references and with all the numbers that you’all produce. But I don’t wish to denigrate your faith – I just want to be in the moment – sad, angry, placid, inconsolable, happy, silly, – beyond help I am sure some of you think. But I have to laugh – I have free health care but no insurance , no mony and no future job prospects – my husband is not earing and I am nearly too sick to earn – I have a grandcild on the way – 3 daughters and a beautiful 13 yr old grandson – and wonderful parents who rely on us and whom I can no longer guarantee a future for – life is [censored] – and my faith is only in what I see touch hear and feel – which means – we will be fine – we will get through this and we will know that if death claims me it will be because that is the way of nature and the universe – but you see – I am not very good at remaining unemotional and reciting the numbers – I do know them all by the way – I just can’t be bothered reciting them . But one thing before I go – Eve – I did learn – I finally got what you said about keeping clean and avoiding crowds and using lots of disinfectant – that is when you have a low white blood cell count ( or, sorry is that platelet count ) you have to be careful – I don’t – I have a low red blood cell count which results in aneamia – symptons of which are fatigue – utter tiredness physically and emotionally, loss of memory, anxiety , confused thinking, lack of appetite and weight loss, depression,all of which I have – and I still have to work 6 days a week as the only breadwinner in my family. So again – sorry if I have upset or offended you – I won’t do it again – take care have faith and aybe I will see you in the next life.
    Lots of love – Cathie ( ps I am – contrary to some reports, actually a good person with a goodsoul – sorry I couldn’t show that in this environment )
    pps thanks Laurie, Zoe et al for you lovely support and sharing

c xx

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert