MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Fortero injections and MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Fortero injections and MDS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shaunna Robey
    Participant

Hi all, My special needs daughter (age 43) has MDS-RS as well as a seizure disorder, intellectual disability and severe osteoporosis. (T score is -4.2) She’s had 7 fractures in 3 years.The last 3 were spinal compression fractures about 45-90 days apart. The rheumatologist is recommending daily Forteo injections. My concern is the added side effects for my already compromised girl. Anyone have any experience with this medication??

Kathy Lynch
    Participant

Hi, If she has ever had chemo she should not get forteo. I was on it for almost a year until a new doctor stopped it. I didn’t have any real side effects. Now on reclas just one shot a yeat for up to 3 years. God Luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert