MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

fourth round interrupted

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board fourth round interrupted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carruth

Today’s chemo did not happen due to fever last night and this morning (102.6 last night). My mil is very weak, shaking, and eating like a bird. The doctor said if her fever is still over 102 tomorrow (Friday), she will probably be admitted into the hospital. When do you say enough is enough with the chemo? She’s a mere thread hanging on still wanting to try–it’s breaking our hearts! She is too weak and fragile to prepare her own food, but my brother-in-law (who lives there with her) won’t allow us to bring in any outside help. Because of jobs, etc, we can’t give any more than we already are. I don’t know what is going to happen.

Sorry to be so gloomy…I wanted to give an update, though.

Thanks,
    Carruth

Russ P.

Prayers for you and your MIL. Sounds like she could use some nourishment – I like “Boost” since I react to the soy protein in “Ensure”.
    Hopefully your Brother-in-law will concede to allow help.
    Bless you,
    Russ

Carruth

Update–Chemo resumed today even with a fever this a.m above 102. Then the doctor admitted her to the hospital. Low counts, so she’s getting platelets and maybe blood. We’ll see…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert