MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Frank is in hospital.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Frank is in hospital.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    frank
    Participant

hi,

not good news today, i may have to go back hospital in long weekend, high fever today again, just hope it is over soon…

Frank

patti

Frank,

Hang in there. I know this is hard but keep fighting. Try taking some garlic to see if that will help with the infection at all. Be careful, it will thin your blood also. I know colloidal silver is also a natural antibiotic but I don’t know how you’re supposed to take it. Also, you have to be careful because it’s a metal. Try taking lots of Vitamins C and E right now also try juicing fresh fruit and veggies that are high in those vitamins. Along with the antibiotics they might really help fight your infection. Chin up!

patti

gemloyear

Frank, Check with your doc tomorrow morning if your temperature is still up. It’s possible they may need to change you antibiotic if it’s not working. Don’t take any supplements without your doc’s approval, as some may not be compatible with your other medicines. This is very important. I hope you recover from this infection soon.
    Ellie

Carrie

*HUGS* Frank. I hope you kick the fever soon.

Carrie

shirlsgirl

Hi Frank,

Sorry to hear about your fever. Hoping you feel better soon…please keep us posted when you get a chance.

Do you still have your Pic line?

Hang in there, Jody

Kathryn

Hey Frank, you hang tough!!! I was so bummed for you last night when I read that you had a fever. I am sending positive healing thoughts your way and best wishes for you to be feeling better soon!!!

(((BIG HUG))),

Kathryn

SFC

Yesterday was a horrible day. In the morning, he almost passed out in the doc office. The doc called 911 immeditally. The nurse rushed in and put Oxygen mask. 20 mins later ambulance took us to nearby ER. His temperature was 105. The nurse gave him some Mortrin and put some icebags around him. In the afternoon, his temperature came down to 99-98. But in the evening it raised to 102-104 again. Frank had CAT scan and blood test done yesterday afternoon. Also they removed the old pickline and put a brand new one in. Since the infectious doc thought the pick line was the source of the first infection.

Today he still has high temperatures. And the docs still can not find out why. His neck started to swelling. Hope god can help him.

shirlsgirl

Oh Helen, I’m really sorry to hear that. It’s a good thing that they removed that pic line…hope they find out the source of the infection. (if it was the pic line he should hopefully improve quickly) Is Frank on Vancomycin? Vanco. is an excellent antibiotic…for both Staph. and other organisms. I’m so sorry…it must be so hard on you and the girls and poor Frank.

Hope things improve soon and hope he’s feeling better.

Take care,

Jody

Kathryn

Helen, I am so sorry for you guys and I feel so bad for Frank… I sure hope he has a better day tomorrow and things start looking up. You all will definitely be at the top of my prayer list!!! Please keep us posted.

Take care,

Kathryn

gemloyear

Helen, I’m sorry to hear that Frank is back in the Hospital. Tell him to stay put this time until he’s completely over that infection. Praying that he will be well soon.
    Ellie

frank
    Participant

hi, everyone…

untill noe, they havn’t find any clue for this inffection, i kept 104F foe almost last 4 days, wiht teleno, they can get my temperature down to 99, it is a little good sign. they already try 4 kinds of antiboitic on me, which i still on 3 of them. the last change of finding resaon is fail, they didn’t fine things in the pick-line.
    i was so bad in the past couple days, never want to experience it again. current i have my whole body with rush(for antibiotic drug) and terrible throat pain, and sevear cough, i don’t know whatesle i have to experience.

hope tomorrow i can be better,

thanks

Frank

geebeebee

Frank, best of wishes on a quick recovery from the infection — hopefully the worst is behind you.

Greg

Terri

Keeping you in our prayers Frank, Hope you get home soon and they find the cause of the infection. I hated the first year when Bob was dx in and out of the hospital quite often they could not find his problem either, finally got him on a heavy IV antibiotic and it cleared up.
    After that we started with the Nutritionist.
    things have gotten better.
    God Bless

Suzanne

Frank, Are you in the hospital at Hopkins or locally? If you are local and continue to have a problem you might see if you can move to Hopkins. They have so much more experience with complications with MDS, leukemia and the drugs then the local guys.

riley

Frank, I hope you’ll be feeling better soon. You and your family will remain in my prayers.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert