MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

George is in the hospital again

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board George is in the hospital again

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    geebeebee

Kate, I’m so sorry George isn’t doing better — like eve mentioned, perhaps you could send them down to Dr. List, and let him know the situation you’re in, and maybe he could advise from there?

We’ll be thinking of you.

Take care,

Greg

mommachkate

Hi Eve, Greg, Great idea, I will start calling. This morning the hemo said , that he can’t hold the blood, posibble he has an internal bleeding. He will give him plt again, that maybe able to stop the bleeding. He was so much better this morning, eating better. Just now this other bad news.Anyone knows anything about, how to stop internal bleeding , when your plt is down to 3-5 thousand? Thank you for responding. Kate

geebeebee

Kate, I don’t know much, but I would assume that they’d have to pump his platelets up, like they’re doing, and let the platelets do their job. How high do his platelets seem to go when they transfuse him? I would think that they’d want them to get to a reasonable level.

eve

kate are they giving him any vitamin k

when my dad was in the hospital and his platelets were quite low they gave him vitamin k

but then again every case is different

eve

Andrea

Good news from the kidney doc!! Thats real important. God Bless you and George and for continued improvement!
    Andrea

Andrea

So sorry Kate:

I didn’t read all posts before posting. I am sorry for the latest setback. They’ll probably give him vitamin K, believe it or not, possibly some heparin

So sorry about previous post! Andrea

mommachkate

Hi All, Thanks for all the good info, I didn,t have time till now to read most of the post. I am heading back to the hospital, and when the doctor comes I will question him about the vitamin K , and heparin .The plt went up to 27,when he got plt.But that last only 2 days anyway. Then he got more blood and the plt went down to 7 than 3.I wish we could go to Tampa already .Best wishes for all of you. Kate

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert