MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Great News!!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Great News!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ensnee

Great news! Hans was released from the hospital on Saturday! We went back Monday to have his blood checked, and his platelets had gone up by themselves for the first time since chemo. Also,
    his RBC had gone up. Just being at home seems to help. We go back Thursday for another check. He’s lost all the extra fluid, as well. He’s feeling pretty darn good, no weak at all. He’s pretty skinny, but he’s eating like a (small)horse, so I’m sure he’ll plump up a bit soon.
    He had a BMB last Thursday, but it was too soon to tell if he’s in remission. However, there have been no blasts in his blood since halfway through chemo, so I’m guessing that’s a good sign.

Thanks to you all for your continued support!

cheers,
    Esme

Carrie

Yay! More good news smile I’m so glad!!

Kathryn

Oh Esme, I am so glad for you both!!! cool Let the sun shine in!!!!!

I’m sending my best wishes for continued good news!!!

Kathryn

sarah

Great news, thanks for update. Continued good wishes being sent your way.

Suzanne

Great news. Being home can be the best medicine of all at this point. Hoping for a BMB result that shows remission. That is a wonderful place to be let me tell you!

shirlsgirl

Great news Esme!! So glad to hear that Hans is feeling great and eating lots…definately a good sign. smile Hoping you hear good news about bmb.

Take care,

Jody

Ensnee

Thanks, everyone! We were back at the hospital today for a blood count check. Unfortunately, Hans’ platelet count fell by 50% to only 11, so he needed a bag of platelets. Also, a blast count of 0.04 registered, but the nurse said they are probably just baby cells, not necessarily bad cells. He was more tired today.
    He thinks maybe he overdid it yesterday, puttering around the deck and garden. Is it possible that he could lower his blood counts by doing to much and not resting enough at this point? He wasn’t doing anything strenuous, but after lying in bed a lot for over a month, almost anything could be considered strenuous!
    Our next trip to the hospital is next Tuesday.
    Healing thoughts to everyone!

Esme

Suzanne

No, He is not going to lower his counts by doing too much. If he got an infection or virus that could change his WBC. Some activity is probably good for him even though he feels tired. they told me exercise was important. I have forgotten exactly when He had chemo but it can take some time for those counts to come up and there are some times some little “false starts” before they do a steady upward trend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert