MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hans is gone

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hans is gone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Ensnee

Hello Dear Friends,

Well the headache worsened Wednesday night, and I had to call an ambulance. To make a long story short, Hans had a cerebral hemmorage. There was some talk about doing neurosurgery, but then it was decided he was just too sick and his platelets too low to do anything but make him comfortable. We were all with him when he passed away Thursday around noon — his brother and sister-in-law, his niece, Martha and me, and my brother, who brought Martha to the hospital in the morning. We surrounded him with love and touch and told him how much we loved him, and now he is gone, and at rest. I am so broken-hearted, I don’t know how I will ever get over this…

Esme

ButchL
    Participant

Esme:

I am so sorry. I was praying for him everyday. Just so sad when I read your journal last night. You take care of yourself. Hans is at peace now.

Butch

Kathy G

Esme-
    I cried when I read your journal last night – Hans fought so hard and you were such a champion in your strength and courage. My heart breaks for you and your family. I pray you find strength you need to get through the upcoming days.

Kathy G

sarah

Esme, My heart too breaks for you and your family. I know personally how very tough and difficult this is. My husband too fought a long battle. What a comfort you and your family were with him, we too had that. Find peace knowing he is no longer suffering and you were with him. I am an email away when you need to talk.
    Sarah

Marsha

Esme,
    I have read your postings all about Hans and your struggle. May God grant you the peace and strength to carry on. Marsha

CarolineG

Esme and Martha,

I am so sorry. You all were such a courageous team. Hans was a lucky man to have you there fighting with him and you were all lucky to have Hans. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

God Bless,
    Caroline

shirlsgirl

Dear Esme,

My heart is breaking for you and Martha…I’m so sorry. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please take care,

Jody

eve

dear esme

i am so sorry that hans lost his fight

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time – may all the loving memories you have of hans live within your heart forever

eve

covergirl

Esme,
    Good thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hans fought the good fight and is at peace now.

Take care of you now; one day at a time,
    –cheryl

lindajo

I am so sorry about your loss. Please take comfort in knowing that Hans is now well. Lindajo

karenkay

I am so sorry for your loss. I am very sad for you and your loved ones. May you feel the comfort and love of friends and family and the peace of God. Hans is free from this awful disease.
    with sympathy,
    karenk

Jack_dup1

Esme,
    I am so sorry for your loss, our proyers go out to you and your family.
    Jack

sdrake

Esme,

I am so sorry. I have sensed your strength throughout this fight. That strength will be there now, when you need it most. Hans was blessed to have you – and he knew that. My prayers are with you and your family.

Take care,
    sdrake

Donna

Oh Esme, Please find some comfort in knowing that Hans was surrounded by the love of you and the rest of the family. You were always by his side. He is now at peace and free from his suffering. Your love for Hans will always be a special part of you, Somehow, someway, we all find the strength to go on. The pain eventually will become manageable.

My prayers are with you and your family,
    Donna

Kathryn

Esme, oh, I am so sorry. I know how hard you and Hans fought. I hope that your love will continue to bring you strength. Know that you and Martha are in my prayers. I’m sending you my love, hugs & healing thoughts for peace in your hearts.

Take care,

Kathryn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert