MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hans is gone

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hans is gone

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    JaniceR

OMG Esme: I don’t know what to say. I am so sad for you and your family. God bless you.

jeanswear

Esme, please accept my family’s condolences on your loss. As we have recently suffered a loss to this terrible disease, we definitely feel your pain. Just remember that Hans is no longer suffering. There will be no more weak days, no more medicines, and no more poking and prodding. I am sure you all know that he loved you as he certainly felt the love you all gave to him. Now that he has lost his fight, it is our turn to fight on behalf of our loved ones. We must continue on and help the others that suffer.
    God bless
    Ben

lynette

Esme,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Lynette

sugarwhale

Dear Esme,
    Please accept my deepest sympathy on your loss of Hans. I am so sorry. I wish I could say the words that might make you feel better, but I don’t know what those words are. You said you’ll never get over it. That’s true. You won’t. But, over time, Life’s joys might dull the pain a bit. At least you know that poor Hans isn’t suffering now, and that should be worth a great deal.
    Your friend,
    Janet

Jimbob

Esme,
    Without a doubt, we are all going to die sometime. And this disease usually means that the time is likely to be sooner than later. I really thought that it would not be so soon for Hans and that he would get better to enjoy a few more years with his wonderful family. Reading of his death has brought me to tears. He was a wonderful man and has a wonderful spirit that will remain with you and be kept alive in your hearts.

patti

Esme,

I am so sorry. I don’t even know what to say. This time will be so hard – but you and Martha and the rest of your family will heal. It takes time. I’m glad your family was able to be together with Hans in the end.

Take care of yourself in the days to come.

Patti

Jim

Esme,
    You and Hans fought the good fight together. Now it’s time to turn to your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
    JW

Terri

I am so deeply sorry, My prayers are with you and your family.
    God Bless

PAG2005

Esme,

I’m so sorry. You both fought so hard. You and Martha are in my prayers. Pat

Dennis

Esme,

I’m sorry to hear of Han’s passing. May God grant you peace and grace in this time.

Dennis

Ani

Esme, There is so little that one can say at this time.
    I wish you peace and courage, secure in the knowledge that you did all that was possible to help Hans who is at peace now.
    God Bless.
    Shalom Ani

bhanson

Esme, I am so sorry about Hans. I think of you both often. I know you and he did everything humanly possible, it just went so fast. Pleae accept our greatest condolences. Bonnie and Bernard

Naomi

Dear Esme,
    I am so sorry to hear of Hans’ passing. You both fought a good fight. Remember the good times and also know that he is no longer having to fight this horrible disease.
    Naomi

Ensnee

Hello wonderful friends,

I’m so thankful for all of your kind and comforting words. The desolation I feel is just so awful, I don’t know how it will ever pass. Even so, Martha & I have had some great company to distract us. My brother & his wife drove from Ottawa yesterday to be with us. They are staying at my mother’s place, although she is no longer living there — her place was sold in one week but doesn’t close for 3 months. They came over last night with wine and flowers. Martha and I had already inivited Hans’ niece over for pizza, so we all sat around and had a nice time, lots of reminiscing and laughter; though I could only get down one slice and one glass of wine.

Today we went out for lunch with Andy & Joy, and then to visit my mother at her new assisted living place. But when I get home, everything I see is Hans. The sight of his shoes in the hall, the bag of his stuff I took to the hospital the other night, thinking I’d be bringing him home the next day, a watch; I look out the back window and see the beautiful pond and waterfall he dug and built himself, artfully lit at night.
    We loved sitting out there in summer, waiting for the resident frog to appear floating on a lily pad or sunning itself on a rock, and watch the fish swimming. Just when I think I can’t feel worse, it hits me that I’ll never see him again.

As you all have said, it is a relief that he is no longer suffering. I really hope I did enough for him. He wasn’t one to complain. I do know that we spent a lot of quality time together since he’s been ill, and everything I did for him was a joy.

hugs,
    Esme

sarah

Esme, you said exactly how I feel also, Charlie and I too spent alot of quality time together, and everything I did for him was a joy as well. We have alot to be thankful for. I will keep you in my prayers. One day at a time.
    Hugs Back,
    Sarah

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert