MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hans is gone

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hans is gone

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    diner

Esme,
    I just checked into the forum to see what’s going on and saw your post about the passing of Hans. I immediately got choked up and felt so bad for you. I am so sorry. You have both been through so much. I’m so glad you and the family were there. That was so important. We all know he is not suffering anymore, but the pain of grief is still there. Our life is so fragile. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Dee

Sandy L

Esme,

Oh no… I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and I hope there is somethere that can take care of you for a while till you regain your strength. You were always there for Hans… and his love will keep you strong.

Love
    Sandy

geebeebee

Esme, my deepest condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

Greg

Ensnee

Thanks so SO much, everyone. Your words are a very great comfort. I find that the mornings are the worst. I wake up feeling like I’ve been run over. I watched the Olympic hockey final this morning, and thought of Hans, because we liked to watch hockey together. He was very peeved at the Canadian team!! Anyway, I ended up going back to bed for a couple of hours. Just couldn’t move. This afternoon both my brothers came over with wife/girlfriend, and we sat around. Then back to the girlfriend’s for a lovely dinner. They have been lifesavers for us. Martha is coping very well — maybe too well, or maybe she just has the famously stoic quality that Hans always had. She’s sweet and comforting, and loves to laugh, even now.

I just wanted to check in to let you all know that we are surviving…

many hugs,
    Esme

Sandy L

Esme

Thanks for posting so quickly and letting us know that you are okay, and that there are loved ones there to care for you.

Sandy

Joannie

I too am so sorry for your loss. After losing both of my parents it was and still is so difficult to know I will never see them again, at least not in this world. Take comfort in knowing he is at peace and is with you in spirit. And if you believe, as i do, you will be with him again one day. All my deepest sympathies, JOan

hope&faith

Esme,

I am so sorry for your loss, but at least Hans pain is over and he’s in a better place

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert