MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hello from an Old Friend

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hello from an Old Friend

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Terri

Just to let you all know if you recall BGreene (Barbra from the forum) She says to pass on her regards to all. She is a little laid up —in preparation of moving etc and getting ready to sell their home she fell and broke her knee. So for now she is at the townhome and not very mobile it seems.

It still is hard for her to visit the forum and post.

Barbra was always such an inspiration to me and I just wanted to let everyone know how she is doing. Suzanne she mentioned how well you are doing.

Suzanne

I have been in contact with her too. She can’t even sit up. I think it has already been several months that she has been flat in bed and they say at least 6 months before she will be mobile-She must have done a real job on herself. The last email I had from her mentioned more surgery also. Really rough. An yes I am doing well. I have a routine bone marrow on Friday and hope it continues to confirm No sign of MDS or Leukemia. My counts have so far been fine and stayed stable. I am back at part time work and staying busy.

Terri

Suzanne It is nice to hear some positive results so happy you are doing so well. We go for Bobs counts tomorrow I hope the wbc start coming down. He is between 12 and 13 which is over norm and I always get concerned at this point. Its never stayed this high on the Vidaza.

sarah

Thanks for sharing this with us Terri. I think of Barbra often, will keep her in my prayers. Tell her I said hello, and to take it easy.

Sandy M

Thank you so much for giving us the up-date on Barbara, I knew about her knee but didn’t know how long she would be out of commission, please tell her that I’m able to post on the forum once again and I think of her often…and I know Kate has also been in touch with her smile
    P.S.
    Kate, if you see this post, we would all love to hear from you smile

eve

terri

when bob’s wbc is high does the lab adjust the count by taking in to account any nucleated red blood cells

they do that for my dad and it brings the wbc number down

eve

Terri

Eve, i guess not as I have no clue what you mean by that , They run the CBC in the doctors office. What does it mean about nucleated RBC?? Is that a number on the CBC report??
    Today the WBC were down to 12. Last week 13.4
    But it also depends on which machine they use.
    The downstairs machine Last week was 13.4 we had them run it upstairs to the other machine and it was 12.5.
    This week they only did the downstairs. So I am hoping it is actually lower. Just glad they are coming down and not going up.

Suzanne

As I remember, they told me a trend is more important then an individual reading. They can go up and down for lots of reasons not related to the disease and always vary.

Suzanne

Forgot to say, I never heard anything about nucleated red cells either as they have talked about my counts. They have said that my red cells are going to stay larger then the norm range and that the measuremets to do with lymph are staying a bit lower then the norm-All they say is not unusual after chemo.

eve

nucleated red blood cells are counted by hematology analyzers as white blood cells – for this reason the white blood cell count must be corrected for the number of nucleated red blood cells in the circulation

nrbc are found in the differential report on a blood test

eve

mommachkate

Dear Friends;
    Sandy, you are so sweet, to urge me to post.I am here with you guys almost every day.
    First of all I have to thank all of you again to be there for us through George fight and passing I can’t imagine going through that difficult time without my forum friends.
    My heart aches for all our lovedones passing, I cried for Kathy and Carrie, loosing their Dads, for Marie, that Christopher has AML again, and so on. And I am so happy to hear all the good news about Suzanne , Bob, Marsha, Neil ( I was wondering a while also why I didn’t see them posting.)I see Eve posting about her father, and I am worried about Sarah’s husband’s operation.I am so sad to see so many new member.
    I am still in a lot’s of pain, but being so busy with the business and my children, does not leave me to much time to dwell on it.The newlywed couple doing great.in the process of buying a bigger apartment. My younger soon is a senior in highchool, next summer off to college. That is the time I am not looking foward , to be left completely alone.
    I am in touch with Barbara,feel so sorry for her.She can’t write much, but her granddaughter send me a note sometimes.
    Hi Terri, I assume you guys have nothing to worry conserning Rita.We are all right.
    My best wishes and hugs to all of youKate

eve

dear kate

glad you are keeping busy with good things

eve

Sandy M

Kate,
    It is great to hear from you, Keeping busy is a good thing, it’s our minds way of copeing, just remember that when the tears want to come out, let them, it’s like riding a wave, just let go, mourn, and take a deep breath and a step forward… I know this is so hard ! and also for me it’s so hard to believe as well, My baby girl is a senior and wants to attend a vetrinarian college, here in Cali. the best for this is “Davis” but I’m lucky to have my lil Joe, or I would be facing a empty house as well, You’ve done a great job mommy, your child has grown up and wants to attend higher learning, this will be a happy and proud time for you at the end of the year, and although the kids do leave the house, {{{{{{ they still need us mommys smile }}}}}}

Terri

Kate, Glad to see you post, I have been lagging on my emails, will have to catch up. Glad you were out of Rita’s way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert