MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hemoglobin dropped

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hemoglobin dropped

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Patricia Shull
    Participant

Hospital called me. My hemoglobin went from 7.5 to 6.6 in 2 weeks. Get my first transfusion tomorrow. My 5th Vidaza cycle is in two weeks and still hasn’t worked.

Am so exhausted that have to lay down for 10-15 minutes every time I try to do something as my heart just pounds. And now I get light headed too.

Am I on a slippery slope or do I have a chance? Is there anything else out there that helps?

As if cancer isn’t enough, this Covid19 virus is like a nightmare.

Cliff Potenza
    Participant

Patricia,
    Sorry to here of your “dilemma” but it is not a death sentence. I assume you have been diagnosed with MDS. I has had 16 months of Vidaza treatment and occasionally have low enough counts to require blood/platelet transfusions. My body has adjusted to the low counts and I have very little fatigue. Give the Vidaza a chance to work. If you haven’t yet, I would find a Center of Excellence near you and get another opinion and have a speciaist to refer to as you continue with treatments.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert