MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hoorah!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne

Hey Friends, Looks like I am still clear of leukemia and MDS. I had my BMB today and the Zarnestra study Dr. was nice enough to look at the slide instead of making me wait the usual week for results. She said it was “gorgeous” My counts were also really good. So 1 year and 7 months in remission and now almost 4 months off of all medication. They are now scheduling cbc’s for once a month and haven’t decided yet when they will do another BMB but not every 3 months like they have been doing.
    I am working on sort of going on with life instead of thinking about these diseases every minute. I was waiting for this test result before accepting a part time job that looks interesting. I may take the driving course for seniors that will reduce my insurance costs. And I might stop eating everything my heart desires and try to get the extra weight that came after chemo and the extra colestrol back under control. Think those goals might keep me busy?
    Please hang in there everybody. There sure can be light at the end of the tunnel even when people say scary things like “you probqbly have 5 month to a year to live”, “get your affairs in order”. -my first prognosis from my local hemo-. and you have progressed to high risk AML and we don’t recommend any treatment because we don’t think anything will work for you- from NIH about a year later. I always say what a blessing it is that I had the right doctors at Hopkins that did everything in their power to give me all this wonderful time of feeling well. As I have said before, I will never stop treasuring every day. And I wish the same for each of you or your loved ones as you fight the battle. So much progress in being made in treating these diseases and the problems that come with them.

Terri

Way to Go Suzanne I am so happy for you
    God Bless

shirlsgirl

WooHooo Suzanne!! Thanks for sharing your happy news, I’m so happy for you. Your wonderful news gives others hope too.

All the best to you,

Jody

Lolam

I am so happy to hear the news that you are doing so well…That just plain encourages my socks off….nice and warm here anywise.
    God Bless laugh

Neil

What wonderful news! This is fantastic!
    Neil

Naomi

Suzanne:
    This is wonderful news. I am so glad for you.
    I had a set back, got a bacterial sinus infection and ended up in the hosp for 3 days. Doing better now and hope I can get to the same place as you.
    Naomi

patti

Congrats, Suzanne! You must be on top of the world. smile Now’s as good a time as any to get healthier. smile

Patti

frank
    Participant

good news for everyone here…

Frank

Cherbear

Congratulations, Suzanne! You are an inspiration for sure!

Blessings and Hope,
    Cheryl

Ensnee

Suzanne, you must be over the moon about your results! Congratulations! It must be so hard to continue when “experts” have told you a time frame. Nobody has ever given Hans a time frame, just told us the risks involved in treatment.

I would think any of your other goals, while not easy, seem reachable after what you’ve been through! Good luck with them!

many hugs,
    Esme

sarah

How wonderful for you Suzanne. Enjoy each and every day!

Kathryn

laugh Suzanne, you are an inspiration and give us all hope!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news!!!!

Best wishes,

Kathryn

doreen

Suzanne – I am so happy for you. I can only imagine what you are going through.. ENJOY the feelings!!!

mommachkate

Suzanne,
    I am so happy for you, this is wonderful news. You are a fighter an inspiration for everybody and you are always there with your knowledge and informations to help. Best wishes:Kate

kristyk

YEAAAAA! What an awsome post to read. You give me hope Suzanne…..I don’t know you, but I can tell you I am sitting in my office at my desk and about to float to the roof I am so happy for you!!!! Kristy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert