MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hurricane Wilma

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hurricane Wilma

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Debbie and I live in Ohio and we wish all of you in Wilma’s path a safe weekend. And to any of you on the East coast from Florida north to Canada, stay tuned and watch for this to be a big rainmaker. We will be thinking of all of you and hope that no harm comes to you.

Sandy M

My wishes are also for thoes of you affected by once again a bad hurricane season (my bro and sis @ family live in Biloxi Miss. ) so I know the nerves that come along with the news casts, bless you all smile

Terri

Thanks, It should not be that bad for the east coast of florida, lots of rain – Still went out and stocked up on the water, bread, batteries etc etc sure we will be losing power.

Jerry

OMG Terri !!!!! Don’t forget the beer. LOL. Good luck …

Before Hurricane Charley my mother put water in huge zip lock bags and froze them before the storm hit. She was happy that she did. They ice in the zip lock bags lasted longer in the cooler and they were happy to have ice. We did this for the cooler when we went on vacation and it is wonderful no drippy mess in the cooler.

Good luck to all with Wilma. Can’t wait for hurricane season to end!!

Sandy L

Thanks. We are going to take in all the outdoor furniture tomorrow and hope for the best. Mike went today for his tx and I was very relieved sinec if he needed it Sun or Mon we would be in trouble. I hope we do not lose power. Will keep you all informed. I do hopw that I have electric since I do not go to sleep at night before checking this sight and seeing how my new friends are doing. ( I am so glad I found this forum and I pray for everyone nightly.)

Terri

We are as prepared as we can get and now its awaiting game to see where it will hit and The strenth of the Thing.

Sandy M

Best of thoughts are heading your way, last news I heard was it was suppose to hit southern Florida with almost 100 mph,winds but they are waiting and prepared (emergency crews) they also said it was suppose to hit Florida on Monday…
    Is this correct or should I change my stations ?????

mommachkate

Hi All:
    Between Wilma and Alpha, we don’t really know , what is going to hit us? Terri, Sandy, I wish you and everybody, who is in the hurricane way, a safe, peacefull Monday. Best wishes: Kate

JulesH

We live just south of clearwater about a 1/4 mile form the Gulf of Mexico. Last year we lost electricity in 2 of the storms(total of about 5 days).

It was hot and humid then and I was at my sickest point with this CMML(with antibiotic IVs twice daily for infections), just before I started VIDAZA. I am thankful I don’t feel that way today as we are right on the edge of the path of Wilma.

It is supposed to quickly pass through (3 to 4 hours overnight Sunday night). We are 18 feet above sea level so we don’t worry too much about water.

Good luck to all of you south of us.

Terri

Stay Safe all, Kate Good to hear from you.
    We are shuttered and I am glad Bob got done with his Vidaza treatment on Friday. He is doing ok through this except for the back pain that has started recently. Doctor attributes it to the Bone marrow.

I am sure we will lose power at some point with this storm

diner

Gosh, everyone that may be hit by hurricane Wilma, I will pray for your safety. I can’t imagine being in such a situation. Dee

Sandy L

It is 2 AM on Monday and so far we have some wind but no rain. Will try to write again at 10 AM to give you all an update. To all my Florida Forum friends be safe.

gemloyear

Terri, and all friends in Florida, we are missing your postings. I assume no one has power,since the news has said 6 million without. We hope you are all well and didn’t receive any property damage.
    Take care,Ellie

JulesH

We had wind gusts up to 75 MPH on Monday morning but no damage and no loss of power and very little rain.

This from Tampa Bay area.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert