MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hyperbaric Chamber

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hyperbaric Chamber

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My Husband has been wondering if anyone has used/tried to use a Hyperbaric Chamber for MDS to increase the oxygen in the blood? We are 3 1/2 yrs out, with a diagnosis, only in January… He is Intermediate 1 & is having transfusions every 2 weeks, sometimes in between, as well. He took the high doses of Curcumin for a few days & his Ferritin level dropped from 1998 to 1725. The Oncologist was quite surprised at that drop in the level, with all the blood transfusions, 2 units each time. Appreciate the posts on this message board.

Clement Rose
    Participant

I was just looking at this treatment myself. I found there is a chiropractor who has this technology in my city. What is the cost? Does insurance pay? How long do treatments last? How often? I know lots of questions, but you are the only one who seems to be like thinking. Thanks

Let me know what results Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert