MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

I need help

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board I need help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mommachkate

Hi All, George is in the hospital getting BT and plt transfusion, because he has practicaly no plt in the blood. I am so scared, and the doctor refuse to try to give him anything what would help his numbers to stay up a little longer. He is transfered to AML now. Does any of you have any information about such a thing.His backpain got much better, I mean he has hardly any pain, and he is feeling well except that worry all the time about the blood count. Thank to you all for any help you can give me. Kate

Terri

Hi Kate, sorry to hear George is in the hospital, what are his other counts. Are his blast up?? What treatments did Dr List suggest? I hope he starts feeling better

eve

can’t give you any medical advise, just prayers for good health

eve

Kathy G

Kate
    I am so sorry – don’t have any advice but know you and George our in my prayers. Hopefully with the transfusions his numbers will get better. Glad he isn’t have too much pain.

Kathy

shirlsgirl

Hi Kate,

Has George tried Wheat grass juice? I caught an interesting thread on http://www.pdsa.org (platelet disorder support association) about the benefits of wheat grass juice to boost platelets. I think 1oz is recommended at first and then you can gradually increase.

————————————————–
    Wheat grass – Barley grass

Barley and Wheat Grass Juice

These two “super foods” are produced from young cereal plants that are carefully grown until they reach 4 to 10″ in height. Then they are cut, washed, dried, and ground to a pulp from which the green juice is extracted and, finally, dried into a green powder. Both are high in chlorophyll, potassium, calcium and incredibly rich in vitamins, minerals, protein, enzymes and beta carotene.
    Wheatgrass juice contains 70% “crude” chlorophyll. Chlorophyll by definition being the green pigment in plants. It is considered the “blood” of plants, due to the similarity to our blood in molecular structure.
    Additionally, wheat grass helps neutralize and remove toxins. Barley Juice Powder is also rich in magnesium, potassium and bioflavonoids.

Quotes:
    “The effects…on all my patients especially my arthritis patients, is nothing short of amazing.” -Dr. Julian Whitaker, MD, editor Health & Healing Newsletter

“Gary’s platelet count rose every day for 7 days from 61,000 to 141,000 and the only thing we did differently was administer wheatgrass. That’s absolutely phenomenal and it’s fully documented on the hospital record.” — Dr. Leonard Smith, MD, Cancer Surgeon
    ————————————————–

Glad to hear George is feeling better, hope his counts go up. smile

Jody

mommachkate

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for George. I am getting the wheatgrassjuice tomorrow for him. Thank you Jody.
    Terri, Dr Lancet from the Moffitt doesn,t recomend any treatment either, only supportive treatment . Tomorrow I will call again. His BMB blast was very high, but his wbc is normal, and most of his other number looks good, only the rbc and the plt is getting to low to fast. We have to keep fighting. How is Bob doing? I hope he is feeling better. Best wishes Kate

Kathryn

Kate,

I hope that things get better for George. I know how worried you both must be. Easier said than done at times, but keep the positive thoughts going. I believe that is what has fueled my father’s fight.

You & George are in my thoughts & prayers.

Take good care,

Kathryn

geebeebee

Kate, I don’t have much to offer in regards to information, but I’m thinking of you and George and hoping for improvement. Best of wishes to you,

Greg

Jack_dup1

Kate,
    I’m sorry to hear about George’s decreased counts, lets hope it’s temporary and they start to climb a little, it happens. Thinking about you both and praying for the best.
    Jack

Marsha

Kate,

I pray for George to rally and come back to us with better counts, etc. I was sorry to hear that his CMML advanced to AML. My best wishes to both of you. God Bless

Terri

Hi Kate, how is Geoerge doing today, I hope he is home from the Hospital real soon. Keeping you both in my prayers.
    Thanks for asking about Bob, Actually today he was doing better then I have seen in months, He was in Great Spirits, I love these days to see him like that.

I think of you and George often,

PAG2005

Kate,

I’m sorry George has transformed to AML. My mother was diagnosed with AML at 72 and she went through induction treatment. The chemo was ARA-C and something else. Each center gives you a different combination but the main chemo is ARA-C.
    My mom didn’t transform from MDS. What is his blast count? My prayers are with you and George.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert