MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

In hospital

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board In hospital

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    bety

Neil,
    I’m glad to hear that you are progressing in the right direction!
    Just a thought…my husband had basil cell and dysplastic skin lesions (many of the latter) that were removed, surgically. I wonder if skin lesions are related to MDS?
    We are all praying for a rapid, complete recovery.
    All the best, bety

Russ P.

Neil,
    Hang in there, pal. This MDS/AML stuff is bad enough without having other cancers. We appreciate your expertise and advise on this forum so get well soon. Many prayers for you.
    Russ

Neil

Hi bety,
    The skin lesions I had were a result of sun damage. Both docs feel there was no connection with my MDS—but stranger things had happened. Don’t thing either would say catagorically no.

maueenh
    Participant

Neil,

I’m glad to hear you are feeling better and at home with your family.

Best wishes
    Maureen

bety

Neil,
    Now that you mention it, my husband spent many years doing field work in the desert and other sunny places. The sun exposure seems the more likely connection. My cousin’s only daughter died of melanoma…unfortunately, also a sun worshiper.It’s great hearing from you.
    All the best, feel well, bety

helenr

Neil

I am glad you are feeling brighter. I wish you strength in the weeks ahead. We need you to be strong and well. Best wishes, Helen

fotis
    Participant

Neil

i was kind of panicked, reading the first post, but after reading it all, i am glad you are doing better. Hope to get well soon!

JaneP

Neil,

I hope things are starting to turn around for you. You are certainly in my prayers. Get rest and watch those games and get ready for some turkey on Thursday.

Jane P

Kiwi Ken

Hi Neil
    I hope things improve for you soon and you are well by Xmas.
    Like Eve and Liz I also look at your entries for good advice, some times I think you know more about MDS then my Haematologiest. You can sure explain it better in laymans terms
    God bless
    Ken

jaxem

hey, neil
    sorry to hear about your hospital stay but glad to hear you’re back home & feeling better. I went through about 3 carcinomas all around my nose. had Mos surgery to remove them, the 1st one done about 5 years ago with no continuing issues. like you state, damage was done in the teen age years when you went out in the sun with no protective screening. It shouldn’t have any affect on your mds.

krishananth

Neil

Sorry abt your hospitalization… really glad to know that your are back..Wishing you a speedy recovery and have a great time.

Warm regards
    Sandhya

Neil

Going back in the hospital 4/8/08 for more surgery. Seems the cancer has spread from the right side to the left side of my neck. This surgery will not be as severe as the last. 1 large tumor and 7 lymph nodes/
    After the neck is resolved have a small tumor in each lung to resolve.
    At this stage I think the 11 years of MDS has been a littlt bit easier to deal with than the last 6 months dealing with cancer surgery/radiation and chemo—-at least in my case. I recall suggesting MDS patients watch their health aside from MDS. This started from too much sun exposure back in the 1940s and 1950s. Just a small squmaous cell carcenoma that spread very rapidly.
    Hope to be back on The Forum from the hospital when they let me out of bed.

eve

dear neil

hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery

i know that everyone on the forum will be praying for your quick return – your information has helped so many of us through this bitter battle with mds

good luck
    eve

Alice S
    Participant

Neil

Will be thinking of you, sending prayers and light your way. Bounce back quickly, a lot of us will miss you!

A big cyber hug, take care.
    Alice

roseanneinia

Thinking of you, Neil. Prayers and positive thoughts are winging their way north to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert