MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Inspirational Pick-me-up

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Inspirational Pick-me-up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sometimes we wonder, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ or ‘Why did God have to do this to me?’ Here is a wonderful explanation!

A daughter is telling her mother how everything is going wrong: she’s failing algebra; her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, ‘Absolutely, Mom, I love your cake.’

‘Here, have some cooking oil,’ her Mother offers. ‘Yuck,’ says her daughter.

‘How about a couple raw eggs?’ ‘Gross, Mom!’

‘Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?’

‘Mom, those are all yucky!’

To which the mother replies: ‘Yes, all those things seem bad by themselves But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!

God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.

Whenever you want to talk, He’ll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.

Zoe

Thanks for sending this. It is encouraging.

Zoe

poppyshope

Hey there I saw this on your caringbridge site as well -it was nice of you to share here-thank you. Also, I was reading your journal and saw that Barry was having salad, please go over this with the doctor. My dad did not and could not have salad or any fruits that did not peel and they were even worrisome…this was due to germs on and in uncooked fruits and veggies. Hope this helps- jen

Poppyshoppe,
    Thanks for the heads up. His doctors have said ok to salads and fruits as long as I wash them. He has been told not to eat “bagged” lettuce. It is more prone to bacteria. He has been going easy on all foods except “soft” foods because of a flare up of diverticulits, which kept him in the hospital for a week.
    Bev

jga_socal

Yes, I love your blog Bev. Thanx for the inspirational thoughts. I was on a neutropenic Neutropenic Diet until a couple weeks ago. It was awful. I loaded up on fresh salad as soon as I was cleared to do it.
    Jim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert