MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

It ain’t cheap being sick

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board It ain’t cheap being sick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kathy Stermer
    Participant

For those of you like me who are too young for Medicare (61) and being that big pharma has us all “by the balls” trying to pay for all these expensive treatments, can offer a few suggestions that I have utilized. As I purposefully try to keep my taxable income low, there are a few options out there to help with costs. Almost all pharmacies that you deal with for these funky drugs have financial help that can point you in the direction of applying for grant money and assistance in helping pay for some of these expensive drugs. Ask them to help you search mostly at the end of the year for the coming year (usually in December). The PAN, patient assistance network also has funds to help (based on income) but have helped me with out of pocket expenses. You have to be your own best advocate in all this in addition to trying to deal with this disease but can be worth it and satisfying that you’re doing something purposeful for yourself. I’d welcome any other suggestions from those navigating this journey. After 36 years in healthcare, I want to drive my own bus in all aspects of living with this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert